Main Menu

Favorite TSS brand

Started by ChesterCopperpot, January 28, 2022, 06:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strut-n-rut

Don't see any .410 on there

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

msm210

I wouldn't mind trying Foxtrot TSS but at nearly $60/box for 20 gauge?  I'll stick with Apex and save $12/box unless someone can convince me Foxtrot ammo is far superior to anything else out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: msm210 on January 30, 2022, 03:07:06 PM
I wouldn't mind trying Foxtrot TSS but at nearly $60/box for 20 gauge?  I'll stick with Apex and save $12/box unless someone can convince me Foxtrot ammo is far superior to anything else out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It isn't
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Which Gun

410 - federal
12ga federal last year bought apex this year was cheaper
20ga  apex

PALongspur

Federal has been working well in my 20s, got enough left for this season and possibly next year also. After that may make a change due to price. Wouldn't mind trying Hal's product.

strut

Last season was my first opportunity to shoot TSS.
I shot a longbeard in Alabama with 20 Federal TSS and a Merriams here at home in Utah with 28 ga Apex.
I was blown away in pattern testing to see how effective TSS really is.
Is there much savings in reloading? Or is the advantage that you can custom fit your loads?

310 gauge

Apex 12 gauge 3.5 # 9 shot. Sumtoy choke. All I've ever shot and seen no reason to change.

RutnNStrutn

Apex

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

Apex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strut-n-rut

Has anyone tried the verdict ammo ?

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

I've honestly tried a lot of different brands and all patterned well out of my setup besides the federal. That being said I know people that use federal and get great patterns. I've shot apex, foxtrot, tungsten super slam, and the brownings all with good success. The tungsten super slam were probably the best out of my setup but all of those shells would kill a bird at 50+ yards easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OJR

Have used both Federal and Browning with good results from my 3" 870 and .410

trkehunr93

Federal shoots good out of my 835 with a Carlsons TSS choke, it's the only one I've tried in it so by default it's my favorite.  The Browning .410 TSS shoots real good thru a tuffy turkey I bought my son last spring, hopefully it lays one on the ground come April, then it will be my other favorite  :icon_thumright:

Matt76cmich

Favorite is Apex out of the out of the 4 I've tried, but I got in on the pre order for Wilson's Custom Loads and looking forward to patterning the 3" 20ga 1 5/8oz #9.5s that I ordered. They have a 2oz 2 3/4" 12 ga that I really want to try out and compare to Apex as well.

From what I remember I'm not sure if Verdict ammo is for sale yet, but I could be very wrong.  I remember the Blue Collar Outdoors boys mentioning the Verdict shells would be for sale soon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk