OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What gun do you think of when you think of a classic turkey gun?

Started by Jc69, January 28, 2022, 10:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Tom007 on February 07, 2022, 07:31:09 AM
Wow, now that's a flock of Old School beauties......fantastic....
I know it! Wish they belonged to me, but I was helping a buddy move one of this safes yesterday and that was the contents. I think that might be half his Model 12s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 07, 2022, 07:52:16 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 07, 2022, 07:31:09 AM
Wow, now that's a flock of Old School beauties......fantastic....
I know it! Wish they belonged to me, but I was helping a buddy move one of this safes yesterday and that was the contents. I think that might be half his Model 12s.

Nice collection there.......you should try to get him to sell ya one or two, or three...lol :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Tom007 on February 07, 2022, 08:40:28 AM
Nice collection there.......you should try to get him to sell ya one or two, or three...lol :turkey2:
Think I've got about as much chance of that as someone on here handing me a Zach Farmer yelper and saying, "Here, I just wanted you to have this."

Tom007

:blob10:
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 07, 2022, 10:30:30 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 07, 2022, 08:40:28 AM
Think I've got about as much chance of that as someone on here handing me a Zach Farmer yelper and saying, "Here, I just wanted you to have this."

:blob10:
"Solo hunter"

Izzyjoe

Just depends on the age of who you ask, older guys are going to say model 12, Ithaca 37 and A-5's younger fellows are going to claim 870, 1300 , 835's. I'm one of the young bucks I remember the camo 870 SP's that where popular when I was a teenager, I never had the money for one, and looks like I still don't!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

3bailey3

b wilt

Quote from: Izzyjoe on February 17, 2022, 06:54:45 PM
Just depends on the age of who you ask, older guys are going to say model 12, Ithaca 37 and A-5's younger fellows are going to claim 870, 1300 , 835's. I'm one of the young bucks I remember the camo 870 SP's that where popular when I was a teenager, I never had the money for one, and looks like I still don't!
Agreed, I was the same with the 1187 SP-T's, when my wife and i had no money it was not possible and now that we are better off they are scarce and pricey, I probrably will never aquire one. I believe a fellow scored one awhile back, maybe TOM007? I was drooling over his pics and a lucky guy.

cane mountain cutter

For me its the Special Purpose Remington 870, the 21 inch barrel is the perfect length. I love the old greenleaf guns but prefer a totally black gun. I finally found one and had Billy Tierce, cerekote it, and dropped a 2lb timney trigger in it. To me its the bees knees!
Proverbs 3, 5-6

Tom007

Quote from: b wilt on February 17, 2022, 08:25:37 PM
Quote from: Izzyjoe on February 17, 2022, 06:54:45 PM
Agreed, I was the same with the 1187 SP-T's, when my wife and i had no money it was not possible and now that we are better off they are scarce and pricey, I probrably will never aquire one. I believe a fellow scored one awhile back, maybe TOM007? I was drooling over his pics and a lucky guy.

Got lucky, right price, right place, right time. I always liked the Old Greenleaf pattern, and the 21 inch barrel is sweet. Keep your eye out, you will nail one......be well.
"Solo hunter"

Jc69

I picked up an 1187 special purpose turkey, but it is a 2000 model.  Same gun, just not the camo everyone prefers.  I think mine is the original mossy oak break up or something like that.  I've come across another one similar that I could have bought reasonable but was a little too slow because i had just bought a new bow. Seems like there are deals to be had on the ones that are a little newer.

TJR

Found mine Saturday. This gun just always screamed turkey to me.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: paboxcall on January 28, 2022, 03:17:14 PM
To me an 835 wearing original Realtree camo = turkey hunter.
Like this ol' thing?

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 17, 2022, 08:20:35 PM
J C Higgin's model 20 12 gauge chambered for 2 3/4.

Is that a Cutts compensator with a polychoke?

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.