OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ted "pete" Peter's pot call

Started by Oljamo, January 27, 2022, 04:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oljamo

Does anyone have a Ted peters pot call they'd sell by any chance, I'd really like to have one and would consider guiding someone for an Osceola turkey for one
Osceola headhunter

guesswho

Your pm's are probably going to blow up
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

I have one complete with his old tupperware container and complete with his laminated compressed wood striker. i have 2 of these strikers. Good luck finding one, but i wouldn't sale or trade it for a hunt...

MJW

I have a slate of his I lost in the woods for a year.  Any suggestions how to clean it or is it even worth it?

Paladin85

Couldn't you contact him about making you a pot call? I know he was MIA for many years but recently has been making Trumpet Calls. Is he not making pot calls anymore ?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Paladin85 on January 27, 2022, 09:14:00 PM
Couldn't you contact him about making you a pot call? I know he was MIA for many years but recently has been making Trumpet Calls. Is he not making pot calls anymore ?
No he doesn't make the pot calls anymore. He only made the strikers for few years, it was a special pressured laminated wood he used and that place stop making it years ago .. it was harder than diamondwood ...  He does all he wants to do in making trumpets and duck calls...

PALongspur

I have a few of his strikers and a glass call from the good old days. They'll likely never leave my collection. The strikers are still some of the best I've ever played on a variety of different calls and surfaces.

A few years back Midwest Turkey Call had a special run of calls from him. I bought a slate and glass set. To my ears they were nothing like the calls he'd made in the past, they both went down the road.

Buyer beware.

Oljamo

I don't blame you,  I should have grabbed one like 5 years ago before he quit making them,.loved the way they sounded as soon as I heard his pots.  Didn't like the way they sounded?
Osceola headhunter

EastKyGobblerSlayer

I've got one of those in slate and it is a player. I cant travel for osceola but I would consider a trade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

quavers59

I am the Lucky owner of the " Shady Lady" Slate. Mine is dated- 1/20/99. I have it retired now.

shatcher

I have one retired too.  I lost the striker that came with it.  I ordered two more strikers and eventually lost them too.  Those strikers were great!  I have a shoe box full of beards that pot produced!  It's on my shelf now!

Oljamo

Eastkentuckygobblerslayer, what would you want for that bad boy?? I'm still looking for one
Osceola headhunter

Tom Threetoes

I don't have one of his calls but I do have one of his strikers, it's my favorite, it works on everything.

EastKyGobblerSlayer

Quote from: Oljamo on January 29, 2022, 07:29:33 AM
Eastkentuckygobblerslayer, what would you want for that bad boy?? I'm still looking for one
Sent you a message

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3bailey3

I brought the set he said was the last ones he was making, final edition, then he made some more, sold my final set...