OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Brazilian Kingwood From Ted "Pete" Peters

Started by Sir-diealot, January 23, 2022, 04:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I have not been buying much because I still do not know if I am going to have to move, but this was my CHRISTmas/birthday gift to myself this year. I have been trying to get a call from him for some time, but never seemed to have the money when he had an opening until now. The lighter colored call is the better representation of the call, guess I did not have the flash on for the darker picture but it shows the grain well so I will post it anyway.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Ranger

Beautiful. Get us a link of what it sounds like.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on January 23, 2022, 04:45:31 PM
Beautiful Steve, fantastic call there...
Thank you, rolls over very well, when I do it right, I have not been touching my calls because of everything going on here but things seem like they may be improving, may be able to stay after all, but I will not count on it and prepare for the worst.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

packmule

I hope everything goes well for you. That is a gorgeous yelper! Congratulations.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Ranger on January 23, 2022, 04:47:46 PM
Beautiful. Get us a link of what it sounds like.
Like I said I have not been touching my calls a lot lately so I am VERY out of practice and not the greatest to begin with. I feel when it comes to trumpets, yelpers and wingbones that I am doing the makers a disservice when I make soundbites, but if you really want me to I will make one and send it directly to you.

Quote from: packmule on January 23, 2022, 04:57:11 PM
I hope everything goes well for you. That is a gorgeous yelper! Congratulations.

Thank you and thank you. I have a lot of practicing to do, when I thought I was going to have to move right away I boxed up all my calls in bubble wrap and then boxes, labeled them and stuck them all in a Sterilite 40 gallon tote to protect them. The most expensive calls also went into a couple of dry bags before they went into the tote. I really do need to get practicing again.

John Koenig:

gergg

Beautiful trumpet Steve, really is hard to beat a good piece of Kingwood.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Sir-diealot

Quote from: gergg on January 23, 2022, 05:10:03 PM
Beautiful trumpet Steve, really is hard to beat a good piece of Kingwood.
Thanks, my first call from that wood, very pretty and when I hit it right it really does have a nice sound. I just have to get most consistent.

John Koenig:

sbbow

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

Tom007

X2 Steve, hope it all goes well for you.....
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on January 23, 2022, 07:25:55 PM

X2 Steve, hope it all goes well for you.....

Thanks Tom, he sure did a nice job.

John Koenig:

turkey stew

crow

Nice one, good pickup on that one

Practicing is a good stress reliever whether your moving or not.
you should pick it up for 10-15 min each day, it's good for you

paboxcall

X3.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot