turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dave Smith Decoys

Started by BC, June 03, 2011, 06:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC

About a month ago I started a thread basically griping because I ordered a Dave Smith Decoy and it didn't come with a stake. Then I couldn't get them to answer the phone which irritated me more. Anyway the thread was deleted after a few days so I thought I might have stepped on someones toes and that definitely wasn't my intentions.

So I get home today and my son hands me a package that came in. I hadn't ordered anything so I couldn't imagine what it was. I opened it, and lo and behold it was a DSD stake. I guess some kind person notified them from this board and they made it right.  Now I feel like a heel for even griping about it in the first place.

DSD Decoys.......... if you read this board...... Thank you very much.  :thanks:

Sherrell

They are good folks out there.

vaturkey

Quote from: Sherrell on June 06, 2011, 10:09:59 AM
They are good folks out there.

Yes they are good folks ! Last year I bought a DSD jake & upright hen in Nashville @ the convention. About halfway through this spring season I noticed a small  crack in the neck of the jake. After the season was over I called DSD & told them about the crack. Brad told me that he would send me a new jake decoy & to return the old one in the same box. He also sent me a return lable to put on the box. Now thats great customer service.

vaturkey   :newmascot:

Vaturkey

Sherrell

These days that is hard to come by.

Hognutz

I will have at least one hen for next year. It is time... :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Sherrell

Quote from: Hognutz on June 06, 2011, 02:36:07 PM

Mike you can order them from MacksPW.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Sherrell

Except I didn't have time to get mine out on this one,he came too fast.
I didn't cheat though....I used my natural voice instead of a manufactured call. :toothy12:
I forgot he was also a hard hunted public land bird too.

savduck

I have been impressed with their customer service and the product.

I got to hunt over two this season. One  with Covehunter when he shot his SC bird with me. The swamp bird came full strutt into it. Then I got mine and had a bunch of Jakes go nuts on her. Had an already shot at twice longbeard give her the eye from about 60 yards, never had a clear shot. She kept him looking for about 10 minutes though.

I ordered mine by internet sales. They sent email to confirm, order and also called, then sent email telling me when they shipped with a tracking number, then an email telling me UPS had confrimed shipment, then an email to check if I got it and thank me for buying. After all that they also showed up on my facebook page wanting to friend me. Ive had some companies give great service when I ordered from them, but this is tops ever for me. Ill be sending them a few more hundred bucks over the years as I build my flock.

DAVES VIDEO.......PLEASE PARDON THE CRAPPY CAMERA MAN
Georgia Boy

Sherrell

The camera man done a fine job and thanks for sharing.

Old Gobbler

You will not find a more Talented & Hard Working group of people that the DSD crew - I would like to point out that the products they make set the gold standard for the goose and turkey decoy industry , nobody comes even close - When people think DSD they recognize the brand as the very best in decoys -

Did we mention DSD's are made in the USA !   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Timber Chicken

Beretta686

I hunted over DS Goose decoys for years. Yes we hunt Canada geese in fields in Alabama. I love resident geese. Anyway we used one dozen DS goose decoys and had more in the decoy spread than using 6 dozen real geese silhouette decoys and a dozen big feet.

I remember writing them and asking when they would have a turkey decoy.  Several years later I was at the NWTF convention and they had their first decoy for sale. I didn't even hesitate, I bought one on the spot. That year I had 2 different jakes try to mount the decoy. I then ordered the Jake and the feeding hen.

The neck on my first decoy cracked and broke off. i just glued it back on with gorilla glue. I figured I did something. The last feeder hen I bought was made of a different material than the other 2.

I have 3 DSD and rarely use them. Decoys were illegal in AL and I never hunted with them. BUT there are times like hunting a fields or pasture that they go with me. They stay in the truck for the full season and get used if I think I will need them.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Hognutz

Quote from: Sherrell on June 06, 2011, 04:33:01 PM
Quote from: Hognutz on June 06, 2011, 02:36:07 PM

Mike you can order them from MacksPW.

Thanks, Sherrell. That is good to know..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

TRKYHTR

Our very own Shannon had a big hand in getting them to start making turkey decoys. So you guys can thank OG himself.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck