Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are you a backpacker or do you prefer a vest or other???

Started by selinoid44, June 02, 2011, 09:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

I got some ol' tom garb this year and they had enough pockets so that I could go vestless.. really liked the light weight breathability of no vest on hot days

I do still like my vest Tac Tater II but i might sell it and go vestless more often or add a small pack with my ol' tom gear
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mikejd

avery guide bag great bag I use it deer huntin. Don't like all that velcro turkey hunting look into the Penns woods shoulder bag nice quiet easy access.

bird

Quote from: mikejd on June 03, 2011, 10:58:08 AM
avery guide bag great bag I use it deer huntin. Don't like all that velcro turkey hunting look into the Penns woods shoulder bag nice quiet easy access.

I don't mess with the Velcro stuff.... I leave that alone.

kdog

I use a molle rig with a hydration pack on the back,,, lots of pockets and u can add and remove pouches as needed.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

you won't find me in the woods without a vest......

ElkTurkMan

Vest for me as well, but I am always looking for something more efficient, and less hot.

BHMTitan

Fanny pack carrying foldup decoy, binos and camera.  An extra pouch on the side holds slate call, diaphrams, and other small essentials.  I like to travel light.  Vest seems too hot.

njdevilsb

I'm a vest guy.  It comes off as soon as I get to my spot, and I lay all my stuff out that I need next to me.  I don't like sitting with it on.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: bird on June 03, 2011, 10:50:58 AM
No Vest

I use an Avery Guide Bag

Hey Bird is that a man purse? Looks cute.  :lol:

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

BrowningGuy88

I have used a vest for the last 6 years, but next year I am going to a backpack/shoulder bag and gobbler lounger. The vest gets really hot and I walk a lot so I am drenched by the time I get where I am going to set up usually. Plan to go with the Claw sling on the T-gun, a small backpack or shoulder bag with minimal contents, and the lounger --- see how that works and then decide on whether to go back to a vest or keep the new way.

Old Gobbler

I sometimes use a Duck Blind bag  if I'm using a low chair , they hold allot of stuff and keep it dry and organized , food , calls ,etc...
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

turkey slayer