OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Are you a backpacker or do you prefer a vest or other???

Started by selinoid44, June 02, 2011, 09:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

I've always worn a vest but some days it just gets to be a hassle, especially late in the season. I think I'll be wearing an Ol' Tom shirt next year.

doepee

Ol'Mossy

I like my vest with the thick cushion with the seat for my bony butt  :laugh:

selinoid44

For you guys that dont have a gobbler lounger and are thinking of getting one, keep in mind that you will want to lengthen the shoulder strap. It isnt near long enough. I added a 14 " bungee cord to my strap and it is much better. Especially if your going to be using a pack. I carried mine in my pack a couple of times and I needed the pack for other things, so now I sling it.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

Jay

Usually vest, but have used my mountain backpack at times.

mnturkey

I use a pack, vest and a fanny pack.
I usually go out all day and want to have anything I might need available.
SEMPER FI

strutnva

couldn't function without my vest, she is getting a little worn and may have to replace her in a year or two

loner

vest. i doubt i could get all my stuff in a pack where i could find it when i needed it.i carry so much stuff the weight would be better on by back but hard to organize.if i just used mouth calls and walked alot and used the run and gun method i would prefer the pack for food,water and basic stuff.
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

n2deer

No vest for me.

I wear my normal camo, mouth call in the mouth and maybe a few in a small pouch and a two slates and strikers in a pouch that goes on the belt. Few extra shells in the pocket.

outlaw

Im a good guy !!!

socalturkeyman

Vest and now I added the hydro spring pack for next year. I wont run out of water and all most die next year. lol :you_rock:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

gaswamp

The Cohutta Strutter

Great ideas guys. Here's how I think I'm gonna set myself up for next year. Fanny pack to carry box call(s), turkey tote,  extra stikers, chalk,couple extra shells, owl hooter, maybe an inflatable decoy. Think I will add on a pot call pouch to the waist belt to hold them. A few mouth calls in front pockets. Lightweight rain poncho in cargo pants pocket if condtions call for it. I'm trying to go as lightweight/cool as I can yet still have a variety off calls to choose from being I travel alot over hilly terrain. I can still handle sitting on the ground for a decent amount of time if I select the right spot. I was pretty much set up like this for this year minus the pot call pouch. The main difference will be adding more and better quality calls to the set up.  :fud:
Anybody seen America lately?

Basser69

Vests, backpack and neither all have their place in my hunting style. If I am running and gunning, trumpet around my neck and couple of mouth calls. If I am staying out all day, vest with everything but the kitchen sink in it. Hunting with the kids, backpack it is for all the kids crap plus a few calls.

YELPA

Vest...high back lounger (Bucklick Creek/Redhead).  Yes, it does get hot on the back and shoulders sometimes but I have a system, comfort/versatility siting and all my stuff with me with one grab and go from the back seat of the pick-up.