turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A few "teaser" pics from my turkey season

Started by Executioner, June 01, 2011, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyfan

What was your biggest spur from this season? I know you had some real nices ones.

Were was the spoonbills caught? That looks like a lot of fun. Do they have much fight in them?

Executioner

Quote from: PALongspur on June 02, 2011, 09:36:29 PM
I keep coming back to this post and I still can't get enough! Fantastic, fantastic photos!  :groupwave:

And what the heck gun/load combo is responsible for some of that CARNAGE?!?!
Benelli SBE, Comp-N-Choke XXX(.658), Hevi 7s, Mag Blends and Winchester HV 6's. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

Quote from: Turkeyfan on June 03, 2011, 04:26:16 PM
What was your biggest spur from this season? I know you had some real nices ones.

Were was the spoonbills caught? That looks like a lot of fun. Do they have much fight in them?
Didn't measure any spurs. Spoonbills were caught in Oklahoma and in the current where they were caught they put up ONE HECK OF A BATTLE!!!!!!! Ended up bruised in the hip area and ribs/side from having to put the pole there to battle the fish. Unreal experience. First time ever doing it. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

More. God bless.

Executioner

Quote from: REBELYELL on June 03, 2011, 09:11:33 AM
Man, alot of miles and memories in them pictures. I really enjoyed them Mike. Glad to see the face fur camo coming back too. LOL Congrats on a great Spring. Wish I had a mess of them crappie filets.

Jody

Man, if I lived in MS I would have ALOT BIGGER crappie for sure. Ya'll got some sure enough SLABS down that way!!!!!!! God bless.

Executioner

Quote from: TRKYHTR on June 03, 2011, 09:57:10 AM
That leather strap is getting a workout. Very nice.

TRKYHTR
Love to put that ol' strap around their necks. The only way to carry turkeys out of the woods IMHO. Beats the heck out of wearing a parachute(turkey vest). LOL!!!!!!! And you don't have to worry about getting the seat of your pants bloody if you strap 'em and give your huntin shirt a good ol' blood patch instead. Also makes for a great workout, especially in the hills. While in South Dakota I had to walk out over three miles with a couple. The leather really got stretched this spring, as it carried out some real heavyweights!!!!!!! 7 that weighed over 28 lbs!!!!!!! God bless.

Executioner

WiLL B

barry

Few questions...
How close was the one with the "slug hole" thru his neck?
How many tags did you fill?
Are you tired?

Executioner

Quote from: barry on June 04, 2011, 11:38:18 AM
Few questions...
How close was the one with the "slug hole" thru his neck?
Are you tired?

How close? 20 yards. How many tags did I fill? All of them. Am I tired? Nope, wishing turkey season lasted until July. I'm going through withdrawals wishing I could strap up just one more gobbler. Catching the heck out of crappie helps to ease the pain a little bit. God bless.

doepee

Just viewed this thread..... awesome bunch of pics ..... what the heck do you use for bait for those spoon bills???   I love fishin cats to ... what did you catch those on?  Nice mess of crappies and morels  :z-guntootsmiley:

Executioner

Executioner

Quote from: doepee on June 04, 2011, 11:02:18 PM
Just viewed this thread..... awesome bunch of pics ..... what the heck do you use for bait for those spoon bills???   I love fishin cats to ... what did you catch those on?  Nice mess of crappies and morels  :z-guntootsmiley:
You snag the spoonbills, smash the barbs down on the hooks so they remove easily. Bait for catfish is Cattracker dip baits. God bless.

turkeybow

Quote from: Executioner on June 04, 2011, 10:51:38 PM
Quote from: barry on June 04, 2011, 11:38:18 AM
Few questions...

How many tags did I fill? All of them.

How many birds did this end up being?  Nice work and you have completed my season in seeing these pics!  I have been waiting on them as I knew it would be a TON of sweet pics.  People don't call you turkey killer for nothing.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

vaturkey

Mike

Congrats on an awesome season ! Looks like you had a blast !. It was a pleasure meeting you in Nashville in Feb. Take care & God Bless !

Ricky    :newmascot:
Vaturkey