OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A couple of calls from Turkey Trot 2021

Started by Sir-diealot, August 28, 2021, 10:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

A couple of calls from Turkey Trot. First Call from Jody Harrison @ Preacherman Custom Turkey Calls "The Cluck Commander" Jody calls these box pots, this one is made from snakewood and Hackberry.

From Jimmy Schaffer

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Meleagris gallopavo

Very nice stuff!  Wish I were there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

RND1983

Beautiful calls. Sure would be nice to be there. Dang covid...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on August 28, 2021, 11:40:42 AM
Very nice stuff!  Wish I were there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a lot of fun, wish I could have spent the rest of what was in my wallet, would have come away with a cow call and some others.

Quote from: Tom007 on August 28, 2021, 11:43:26 AM
Beautiful calls there...
They make some dandy's, if I had not been sweating so bad I was going to take some more pictures and show every bodies stuff off.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

3bailey3

fordhunt

Steve it was good to finally meet you buddy

3bailey3

Steve did you get some pic's of the county side to share with us?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on August 28, 2021, 02:38:37 PM
Very nice calls Steve, Congrats!!
Thanks.

Quote from: fordhunt on August 28, 2021, 05:24:07 PM
Steve it was good to finally meet you buddy
It was nice to meet you as well. Hope to see you next year as well.

Quote from: 3bailey3 on August 28, 2021, 07:58:45 PM
Steve did you get some pic's of the county side to share with us?
I had left my house with time to take them but when I stopped to get gas the truck almost did not start so I went straight to the event because the main road I would be going in on (after turning off in Montour Falls) does not get much traffic, There and back on that road itself I do not think I saw 20 vehicles except for where it crossed another main road. Here is a picture I took a few weeks ago and some history on it, I passed it on the way to the event as well.

Aunt Sarah's Falls on Rt. 14 between Watkins Glenn and Montour Falls New York. Background:  General Sullivan of the Revolutionary War army was sent by Washington to push the Indians out of New York State his army after destroying the Indian village in Montour Falls found an old Indian Squaw sitting by these falls, she couldn't make the journey with the others so the Continental army gave her some provisions and nicknamed her Aunt Sarah. Camera: Canon eos M50 Lens: Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM3/10 sec. f/22 21mm ISO 100 Picture could have been better if it had used a tripod, that was not really possible at the time though.
Jimmy just sent me this picture, showing me how to run the teardrop call.

John Koenig:

3bailey3

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

superx2

Nice calls. would love to go but every year something gets in the way.   :(

owlhoot

Looked like a fun time. Nice calls and pics.

Beards and Hooks

Great looking calls Steve, sounds like a great time.

GobbleGitr

Great stuff-and nice finally meeting you