OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The numbers don’t lie

Started by arkrem870, July 30, 2021, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkrem870

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/352-the-rise-in-nonresident-turkey-hunting-license-sales/id859529852?i=1000530467595

Non resident hunter #'s exploding.  More regulations every day. Hunter opportunity lost. . Social media / YouTube is screwing this sport beyond belief. 

hotspur

Jimspur

Quote from: arkrem870 on July 30, 2021, 07:10:22 PM
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/352-the-rise-in-nonresident-turkey-hunting-license-sales/id859529852?i=1000530467595

Non resident hunter #'s exploding.  More regulations every day. Hunter opportunity lost. . Social media / YouTube is screwing this sport beyond belief.

Hey ark - just got done listening to the podcast. The numbers are
mindblowing. What some states have done to themselves is insanity!
All of this is at the residents expense.

simpzenith

I listened to it but quickly realized the guest was simply one the YT bashers from this forum hiding behind a pseudonym and repeating the same stuff that they post in this forum. If you keep up with this forum, then you've already seen everything that'll be discussed in the podcast.

arkrem870

And it's undeniable statistical data directly linking YouTube channel pimping of public lands for profit  to loss of hunter opportunity and increased pressure on an already stressed resource. 

Crghss

And what do propose we do? Outlaw YouTube? Good luck with that.

One thing that is undeniable statistical data is social media is directly linked too people complaining.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

arkrem870

Outright ban of filming on public lands for profit, youtubers recognize the damage they've  done / doing and quit voluntarily for the resource, or we could get back to the basics and police it ourselves in the woods   A few ideas

Of course more ideas on how we right this wrong are encouraged.  It's an important issue. One of the most important In recent years for wild turkey/ hunting /hunters.  If we stay in this trajectory spring hunting will be forever changed and hunting opportunity will suffer a great deal. Again. We've lost March ....what's next?  Resident only seasons and non resident quotas in nearly all states?

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: simpzenith on July 31, 2021, 10:24:18 AM
I listened to it but quickly realized the guest was simply one the YT bashers from this forum hiding behind a pseudonym and repeating the same stuff that they post in this forum. If you keep up with this forum, then you've already seen everything that'll be discussed in the podcast.
So what? He reached a larger audience and made folks aware of the issues going on. Sounds to me like the guest on podcast is genuinely concerned with resident hunting quality (guy is okay with his opportunity being limited to protect a residents hunting, think that says a lot about his character) and not so much about lining his pockets with OnX paid partnership money OR even taking money from state wildlife agencies to go and exploit the bird for monetary gain

simpzenith

Quote from: arkrem870 on July 31, 2021, 10:52:31 AM
Outright ban of filming on public lands for profit, youtubers recognize the damage they've  done / doing and quit voluntarily for the resource, or we could get back to the basics and police it ourselves in the woods   A few ideas

Of course more ideas on how we right this wrong are encouraged.  It's an important issue. One of the most important In recent years for wild turkey/ hunting /hunters.  If we stay in this trajectory spring hunting will be forever changed and hunting opportunity will suffer a great deal. Again. We've lost March ....what's next?  Resident only seasons and non resident quotas in nearly all states?

So you want to ban filming hunts on public lands? Do you want filming hunts on private land banned as well?

arkrem870

No, private lands are private and filming is perfectly fine. 

Stoeger_bird

What u call bashing I call bringing to light. In what world is it okay for states to take away hunting opportunity but turn around and pay some youtubers to promote and bring in more hunters. " Hey the turkey population is declining so lets limit the days people can hunt, lower the bag limit, and pay youtuber to promote how good the hunting is in the state". Makes a lot of since doesnt it? So either you are deaf/dumb/blind, to simple to comperhend whats going on, or u just flat out refuse to believe that youtube/social media has had any negative impacts on turkeys. You obviously aren't deaf, dumb, and blond because you were able to type a message so its one of the other 2.
T.W.D.W.D.

simpzenith

Quote from: Stoeger_bird on July 31, 2021, 11:21:05 AM
In what world is it okay for states to take away hunting opportunity but turn around and pay some youtubers to promote and bring in more hunters.

This has been going on for a very long time. Many state agencies have funds allocated each year specifically for promoting hunting in their state, using ads and promotions on billboards, radio, TV, YouTube and the list goes on. In the case of a hunting show, it's usually not much though, maybe reimbursing them for license fees and fuel costs to travel to the state.

mrclif

We should write and call our state officials to quit using our funds to pay influencers to reduce us as residents opportunities to hunt the public lands we hunted all our lives. Like they said one call is not going to do it.
They've destroyed our seasons n Alabama Tennessee and Georgia. I suggest they charge fees for  videoing on public grounds. I'm thankful for these guys bringing this podcast to a larger audience for discussion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: simpzenith on July 31, 2021, 11:39:34 AM
Quote from: Stoeger_bird on July 31, 2021, 11:21:05 AM
In what world is it okay for states to take away hunting opportunity but turn around and pay some youtubers to promote and bring in more hunters.

This has been going on for a very long time. Many state agencies have funds allocated each year specifically for promoting hunting in their state, using ads and promotions on billboards, radio, TV, YouTube and the list goes on. In the case of a hunting show, it's usually not much though, maybe reimbursing them for license fees and fuel costs to travel to the state.
So your cost is covered and you're getting paid by YouTube on top of that? Seems to me you're just digging your self a deeper hole for the people that feel the way do you about you guys. FWIW I don't mind you guys, but things have certainly changed as a direct result of YouTube.

cwedding

An email address is given at the end of this podcast with an invitation to any influencers to come on the show to defend their position. We look forward to hearing from you soon.