turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Yall remember this guy....Jebs Chokes

Started by savduck, May 31, 2011, 06:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Im not pimping or trying to bash his stuff, its just My Dad called and said he bought one. He is retired with money to waste I guess. He read in GON how great they were supposed to be. Anyway there is a website now and yes they are still 120.00. I recall Jebs interactions on here a few months back. He aint getting my money.

http://jebsprecisionchokes.com/resources.html

I was laughing at my Dad because Sum Toy is an hour from the house, half the price, and William would spend the time and effort to get us exactlty what we would want instead of dropping that kinda cash on something unproven.

Yall ever notice all the chokes that come out of South GA. Kicks, CNC, and Sum Toy are all an hour from the house. Jebs and Tru lock are just over two.

Kicks, Comp N Choke, Sum Toy, Jebs, Tru lock, one more....just cant remember
Georgia Boy

fountain

Dying to hear results.....

Now u go get a Sumtoy and do a test against them.   It hasn't been done yet.   Im interested to see some patterns from them.   Where ya located bud? 

savduck

Ill tell you what i will do is take my Dads 870 to Sum Toy and shoot his, the Jebs, and the IC that Dad has in it now. It may take a while, but Ill do it.

Im getting a sum toy no matter what for my Stoeger and Berretta. they both take the mobile choke. Seeing others patterns was enough, but after speaking with William on the phone, I am sold on his stuff just because of his character.

Im  just out of Savannah, Ga. I can be at Sum Toy shop or Boswell Machine shop for Kicks and CNC in an hour plus or minus a few minutes.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Not following you on the long shot thing.I assume your talking about Jebs. I think he was showcasing the 40 yard shots because thats the measuring stick for all the chokes these days. The patterns in the pictures are pretty good,  but not worth 120 bucks a choke. There are guys on here getting similar numbers with cheap chokes and handload HTL and TSS. Personally I would rather have 120 worth of TSS 9s for my 12 ga than a 120 dollar choke.

I got a 20 ga without a good quality aftermarket choke. Going to get a sumtoy to shoot with Federal HW 7s. He has a choke figured out for that set up the way I want it. Forgiving in close, but good enough to 55 yards if I did need it.
Georgia Boy

fountain

The patterns are ok but I definitely would want more..especially with the nitros.   I didn't see any 835 patterns tho..that's what I shoot and would like to see what they doing in them.  Look at the turkey pics..70 yards?  That's just not good ethic's to me.  There was some long shots taken.

savduck

Quote from: fountain on May 31, 2011, 09:01:30 PM
The patterns are ok at best, but I definitely would want more..especially with the nitros.   I didn't see any 835 patterns tho..that's what I shoot and would like to see what they doing in them.  Look at the turkey pics..70 yards?  That's just not good ethic's to me.  There was some long shots taken.

I didnt look at those, just the patterns.

Im not shooting one at 70 on purpose. No way. I get a thrill out of shooting, but I like them close. I still get a kick out of the vibrations you feel in your chest from the spit and drum. With the heavy shot and pattern density I would feel comfortable with a 55 yard shot max. I still hold them in high regard and wounding one wouldnt sit right with me personally.
Georgia Boy

fountain

Yep, it was a nice little write up.  If the editor got on here and saw some patterns he would be blown away! 

R AJ

Savduck,
Get a few sacks of those wonderful Vidalia onions while in Glennville,Ga.

gobblingghost

Slayer,
I like to see a target  with 500 shot pattern can you post

REDMAN

Hello everyone.  JEBS is getting a lot of negative talk here on OG. First off no one goes by the name of JEB. JEB actually stands for Jimmy  Eagen Bobby . This is the owners of the company with Eagen being jimmys 2 yr old grandson . So the owners of the company is Jimmy Washam and Bobby Sears Jr. My name is Bryan Strickland . I am the one who builds all the chokes . So what we want to do here is get everyone together . We would like to get with FOUNTAIN and WILLIAM from SUMTOY customs . Let's me somewhere soon and shoot some patterns and let the patterns speak for themselves.  We can meet at BULLARD CREEK WMA   as a neutral location or anywhere it doesn't matter. The bottom line is we are taking a bashing everywhere we turn and we want to artery this once and for all . So bring ur best . Feel free to call at anytime.  BRYAN STRICKLAND 912 253 0654 JIMMY WASHAM 912  347 0709  BOBBY SEARS JR.  912 347 1512  let's shoot some today !!!

REDMAN

Sorry for the typo. I keyed my last post from my phone . It creates its own words lol. What was supposed to be typed was that we want to settle this once and for all with all of our critics that live in surrounding counties . So we will wait to hear from u guys .

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mcgruff1533

I would like to see patterns posted from both JEBS, and Sumtoy chokes!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: slickyboyboo on June 01, 2011, 03:07:03 PM
Quote from: slayer on June 01, 2011, 11:28:09 AM
:newmascot: i got 835 mossberg it shoots great with a 660 jeb's choke. got over 500 in 20 inch at 40 yards. killed two turkeys with it  this season no problems one at 46 yards and one at 20 yards.

Not to bust your bubble, but 500 in a 20" circle is not that hard to achieve, and a pretty standard number. I will also bet money you can get a better pattern from that gun, if you would open that choke up a good bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.  Sounds like a Georgia shootout is about to take place.  If you guys were closer, I would sure like to join in on the fun.  

Speaking of 20" patterns here's one with a Pure Gold .670 choke that cost me about $50 bucks basically that I would like to see one duplicate with any choke with the same Hevi-13 2.25oz #7 load.  Not only was the 10" great so was the 20".  That's probably my best 20" pattern with that load.  

savduck

Quote from: RAJ on June 01, 2011, 10:21:13 AM
Savduck,
Get a few sacks of those wonderful Vidalia onions while in Glennville,Ga.

Been eating on them for weeks already. Cut the core out, rub them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put beef boulion cube in the center with some salted butter. Wrapped them in tin foil and stick them on the grill until tender, best served with a angus sirloin, sauteed zuchinni and mushrooms,  some garlic bread, and some dirty rice. make you slap your mamma.
Georgia Boy