OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yall remember this guy....Jebs Chokes

Started by savduck, May 31, 2011, 06:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Quote from: REDMAN on June 01, 2011, 01:50:07 PM
Hello everyone.  JEBS is getting a lot of negative talk here on OG. First off no one goes by the name of JEB. JEB actually stands for Jimmy  Eagen Bobby . This is the owners of the company with Eagen being jimmys 2 yr old grandson . So the owners of the company is Jimmy Washam and Bobby Sears Jr. My name is Bryan Strickland . I am the one who builds all the chokes . So what we want to do here is get everyone together . We would like to get with FOUNTAIN and WILLIAM from SUMTOY customs . Let's me somewhere soon and shoot some patterns and let the patterns speak for themselves.  We can meet at BULLARD CREEK WMA   as a neutral location or anywhere it doesn't matter. The bottom line is we are taking a bashing everywhere we turn and we want to artery this once and for all . So bring ur best . Feel free to call at anytime.  BRYAN STRICKLAND 912 253 0654 JIMMY WASHAM 912  347 0709  BOBBY SEARS JR.  912 347 1512  let's shoot some today !!!

No bashing meant. The biggest issue everyone has and you guys cant seem to understand is the cost of the choke. People are getting similar patterns with chokes that cost between 25 to 60 bucks.  I dont own a Sum Toy or Jebs yet. Im close by so Ill be willing to bring my main turkey gun, a stoeger m2000 to a said event. Ill let yall(choke makers) do the shooting, and Ill post an unbaised report on who the winner is. Same gun, Same shells, 3 shot average per choke. If someone out shoots the other it will be reported so, but I probably still wont buy a Jebs  because its a 120 bucks. PS....i do think they are cool looking.
Georgia Boy

fountain

No bashings here either ..just see lots of other chokes on here that shoot higher numbers than what I have seen posted of jebs.  The people wanna see the patterns posted..I do too.  I can shoot whatever I want and will..along as it gets whatever weapon I have its full potential.   Yes I do shoot Sumtoy now..but would love to see see what the jebs chokes are doing with the 835 with a variety of loads.

Fwiw..I have know one of the owners for quite a while as well as the local store owners over there.   I have the utmost respect for ALL of them.  And if anything else is thought, then I will not post any more about xxx vs zzz.  Bryan take all this with a grain of salt from me as I mean no harm or bashing of it comes across that way. 

Old Gobbler

Guys we got a " be nice " policy here on OG - 

- if you got something that shoots great that show us those  results

No  Ford vs. Chevy BS , it tends to lead to a escalating back and forth thing and we are called in to clean it up, we have seen people getting all up set and mad when we have to do that   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

OLE RASPY

Hello everyone.  JEBS is getting a lot of negative talk here on OG. First off no one goes by the name of JEB. JEB actually stands for Jimmy  Eagen Bobby . This is the owners of the company with Eagen being jimmys 2 yr old grandson . So the owners of the company is Jimmy Washam and Bobby Sears Jr. My name is Bryan Strickland . I am the one who builds all the chokes . So what we want to do here is get everyone together . We would like to get with FOUNTAIN and WILLIAM from SUMTOY customs . Let's me somewhere soon and shoot some patterns and let the patterns speak for themselves.  We can meet at BULLARD CREEK WMA   as a neutral location or anywhere it doesn't matter. The bottom line is we are taking a bashing everywhere we turn and we want to artery this once and for all . So bring ur best . Feel free to call at anytime.  BRYAN STRICKLAND 912 253 0654 JIMMY WASHAM 912  347 0709  BOBBY SEARS JR.  912 347 1512  let's shoot some today !!!
Make sure u bring enough chewing backer with ya, you gonna need it. ;D

VaTuRkStOmPeR

ohhhhhhh nooooooo :wave:

there are a lot of guys who spend a lot of time and money patterning different gun/choke/load combinations on here.  we all have faith in the products we purchase to experiment with and fair reviews are given when results are achieved.  

very few of the members of og have any affiliation with any choke companies.  we endorse the products we do because those respective companies make quality products, provide unbelievable customer service and because those companies have EARNED their reputations on this board.

120 dollars is hard to fathom for a choke tube (considerin the choke tube market) and i believe the price of your product, when compared with the results shown on your website, indicates that it is probably a poor value for hard earned dollars considering the alternatives available.  

representing jeb's by coming on here and foaming at the mouth is not the way to establish yourself as a quality company with a quality product.  send a few guys your choke tube at a reasonable price and you'll achieve more desirable results than coming on here and asking for a "shootout".

fallsflight

So what we want to do here is get everyone together . We would like to get with WILLIAM from SUMTOY customs . Let's me somewhere soon and shoot some patterns and let the patterns speak for themselves.   The bottom line is we are taking a bashing everywhere we turn and we want to artery this once and for all . So bring ur best .

I don't think I have seen the owner from SUMTOY bash anyone or anyone's chokes on this site, unless I missed something.  So why would they want to take time out of their schedule to shoot against another choke company when their product speaks for itself and they never spoke negative about anyone to begin with?  I think they would rather spend the time producing more chokes and speaking with and helping customers.   I think I even remember reading a reply from SUMTOY that suggested if the current choke someone shoots works for them, there is no reason to purchase one of theirs.  I personally shoot a PG, so I have no dog in this "fight".

gobbler74

Nothin like a little spirited competition.  :icon_thumright:
As far as the $$$$$? ? ? ? goes thats all in what someone sees in the worth . 20 years ago most folks didnt think they'd be paying $5-$8+ for one shotgun shell. So even at $150 for a choke whats that? a whole 20 or so shells?  ..as far as value, both are American made and not from Ningbo China. Try both and run what you like with your setup. Theres always one that will shoot better.   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Luke95

At $1 a shell I would rather shoot a Sumtoy comparatively

Luke95
Sumtoy Get Choked