turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Little help from the board

Started by savduck, May 31, 2011, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Fellas.  I come from a family with a ton of military veterans, quite a few with combat tours. In fact, Im the only male on my fathers side to not have served in any branch. I had other opportunities that my father encouraged me to follow. I do a lot of reading on here and know that there are a bunch of military veterans on this board and proud Americans that support our troups. Here is what Im asking.

My brother in law is currently still serving. He  recently returned from his 13th trip over seas since 2001. He is special forces and everything he does is top secret. Last year he had just returned before  turkey season and I was able to get him in the woods and on a fine gobbler. This year he got back in early March, but came back busted up, He gets knee deep in it unfortunately. In fact he missed being able to go this entire season, and is still battling some physical issues. I really think he is bummed a little. I cant say his name or post his picture due to his position, but what I was thinking is that some of you guys could post some replies and I could print it up and give it to him. I think it would be cool to show him the appreciation that we all have for our guys. I think it would mean even more coming from fellow turkey hunters.

Im proud he is my brother n law and very thankful for his service and for the love and respect he shows my sister and their baby son. Im praying for his continued safety and for a speedy recovery on what is ailing him and hoping I get to spend more time in the turkey woods with him.
Georgia Boy

CASH

Thank you to your brother in law for his service.  I hope he heals quickly and gets back into the turkey woods soon. 

Also much respect for SF and the operators.  Those guys are the best of the best.  Semper Fi
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

spurman

Thanks guys, for your service, youall are the real hero's.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

TRKYHTR

Tell you BIL that I said thank you for serving our country and me. Because without people like him making a difference we wouldn't be able to do the things we do. He is welcome in my turkey camp anytime.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

barry

To savduck's brother-in-law
MANY Thanks for your service to this great country of ours.
Oooh Rahhh!

bird

From one old Army SSG from days gone by to a true hero in my book......  A soldier serving in today's military.  I myself had the opportunity to join the 1st Special Forces Group out of Ft. Lewis, WA. when I was stationed there with the 109th MI BN.  I know those boys do a ton of recon work and it is a very dangerous and thankless job.  I changed my mind after having the chance to watch from inside a heated C-130 our Airborne Scouts do a night drop from 800 feet.  No Way, No How was I going to go through with it.  After that exercise I immediately had my request yanked for Airborne school.  You guys are the Elite of the Elite.  You are true heroes of this nation.

Thank You for your Dedication and Service to the Greatest Nation in the World.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Al Clark
SSG/E-6
79-88

Devastator

thank you to all service men and women for allowing me to have the freedom that i do everyday. :you_rock:!!!

basshunter

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

I want to thank you and all other veterans out there for all you do for this country.  You are the reason everyone else in the United States has the freedoms that they have everyday.  Thank you again and wish you a speedy recovery.

vaturkey

To savducks's BIL. Thanks for all you guys do to put your lives on the line day in  & day out to protect our freedom. May God Bless you. Prayers sent from VA.

vaturkey    :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

stinkpickle

I could say "thanks" all day long, but it would never amount to this...

Enjoy.  :)

If this doesn't come through, tell your brother-in-law the least he can do is buy a dadgum color printer.  ;)

mossy835

:jesus-cross: Prayers to saveduck's BIL for a speedy recovery. :jesus-cross: I have a retired Marine son in law, a grand daughter that was a marine and a grand son in the army now. I would hope for your recovery and a safe life to you. :jesus-cross:
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

stone road turkey calls

Thanks to your brother inlaw, i can go hunting any time i wish, or anything else i want to do. a big thanks to him and i hope he recovers soon.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

chcltlabz

:jesus-cross:Thank you very much from a prior Army man.  You're in one of the most thankless jobs there is, especially because everything is so hush hush.  You can hunt with me any time.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

mmusso

Thanks to all of the armed forces, and especially your brother in law, that make it possible for us to be able to live the kind of lives that we want to live. Thank you for your hard work and sacrifices!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Houndstooth Game Calls

Thank you for protecting our freedom and standing up for others freedom and the protection you unselfishly give for all! May the good lord be with you through all your journeys as you carry out the day to day task in serving our country! THANK YOU for what you do!

Sincerely,
Lyle Gilbert