OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Orange Beach, Al. Pics added.

Started by Big Timber, May 31, 2011, 04:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Timber

The family and I are going to Orange Beach Al. next week on vacation,  can anyone tell me a good oyster bar and restaurant in that area?

CASH

Lot's of great places to eat. (Orange Beach/Gulf Shores)  My faves are Wintzell's and the Original Oyster House.

Lambert's in Foley is also most excellent.  Home of the Throwed Roll!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

shad309

X2 on the Original Oyster House!
also, you have to go visit Lulu's- might even see her brother Jimmy Buffett come up the canal and put on a free concert. The fish tacos are awesome!!!

CASH

Forgot about Lulu's.  Great food.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Big Timber

Thanks guys, will try all of them!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Beretta686

All are fine choices

My wife will drive down there with my daughter (200 miles) just to go to Lamberts and hit the beach for a day just because she is bored and has the day off.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Flydown

Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster Bar on Canal street. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

honker22

Original oyster house.  If you golf, goto Peninsula.  If you wanna go fishing, send me a PM, I went a few weeks ago and had a great trip
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Orange Beach is the the best place in the world! I am leaving Friday myself heading down for the weekend my parents have a place there so we go about every other weekend in the summer if you want great oysters go to the sportsmans marina they have a nice restraunt harbour grill they got the cheapest oysters in town and the best in my opinion! You can look at there menu online look up the sportsman marina! Also another great place is the crab trap just into florida across the perdido pass past the flora bama on the right cant miss it! Papa rocos is also a local joint on the way into gulf shores its awesome! Have fun! Docs Is also good and thats the road that takes you to the sportsman which is canal street!

Lyle

Todd1700

I live about 2 hours north of Bama's gulf coast. Been there many times naturally. I echo the nod to "The Original Oyster House". There is a reason it's been there as long as it has.

Also good is Bahama Bobs, Wolf Bay Lodge, and Gulf Shores Steamer.

dawgfrombama

Original Oyester House, King Neptunes, Gulf Shores Steamer are all good.  I go several times a yr and usually eat at one of these joints.

cwb04

KING NEPTUNES gets my vote!  Original Oyster House is good too.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Fixin to go eat me some Wolf Bay lodge here in a minute!!!! :wave:

4nwtf

Another vote for wolf bay lodge' lulu's & original oyster house.

TurkeyAssassin

My top pick would be the Original Oyster House, also Sea n Suds is good located on East Beach Blvd. 
Owner of FC Photography
www.facebook.com/FC.Photography01