OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone else have this addiction?

Started by Sir-diealot, June 06, 2021, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

There are probably 20 or more that are not in the picture. When you are forced to start packing for a move you begin to realize how much you have.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BennieGobbler

Yes sir!!  For sure have so many it's hard to decide what to use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BennieGobbler on June 06, 2021, 09:28:12 PM
Yes sir!!  For sure have so many it's hard to decide what to use!

I hear that, it is a fun conundrum to have though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Yoteduster

You have the fever...but it's a good fever to have lol

WildTigerTrout

Oh yeah, I have it too.  Then add fly fishing and fly tying stuff and well................
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Bedge7767

Jim

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yoteduster on June 06, 2021, 10:02:04 PM
You have the fever...but it's a good fever to have lol
Indeed it is. Getting stuff boxed up just in case, bought some totes a different color so I know which ones my calls are in.

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on June 06, 2021, 10:11:33 PM
Oh yeah, I have it too.  Then add fly fishing and fly tying stuff and well................

If not for my car accidents I sure would have liked to have tried fly fishing, not tying though, my eyes are bad enough as is!

Quote from: Bedge7767 on June 06, 2021, 10:40:05 PM
:funnyturkey:
:funnyturkey:

John Koenig:

Neill_Prater

Thankfully, no. LOL I have never been a collector of anything. My call collection, after 40+ years of turkey hunting, would probably be laughable to most of you guys.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

I have the addiction.  Mine is a little more focused on specific call and striker types.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

RED NECK

Yes but I collect firearms and ammuniton.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

quavers59

I have enough Calls + Strikers for an Army- LOL!

Which Gun

I have a problem with fishing tackle and rods. I'd be lost with that many strikers.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Neill_Prater on June 07, 2021, 12:27:38 AM
Thankfully, no. LOL I have never been a collector of anything. My call collection, after 40+ years of turkey hunting, would probably be laughable to most of you guys.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I have been collecting one thing or another my entire life, started as a child collecting football cards and was still collecting those until they started to disrespect the anthem and the flag and then I stopped and won't even watch or wear any sports merchandise anymore until they start to use their heads again.

I have a large movie collection over the last 20 some odd years and of course turkey calls and books as well as books on The American Revolution.

The one thing I have not seemed to be able to collect though is my own hair!

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on June 07, 2021, 06:38:25 AM
I have the addiction.  Mine is a little more focused on specific call and striker types.

Nothing wrong with that. I know I was going to get a Mesquite call from Noel Gonzales before he passed, (I was not on his list but had intended to contact him) I have to find somebody else to make me one, liked the idea of him making it because he was from the area where it grows and had such a great reputation with that wood in particular and of course others. I some sound files I had heard of his calls as well. I also would like to get a couple of Holly calls in the future as well.

Quote from: Tom007 on June 07, 2021, 07:07:38 AM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on June 07, 2021, 06:42:11 AM
Yes but I collect firearms and ammuniton.

Guilty on a 3 counts :blob10:
x2

Quote from: quavers59 on June 07, 2021, 07:17:05 AM
I have enough Calls + Strikers for an Army- LOL!
I am not there yet, maybe for a couple of squads.

I have to go fishing this week, I do not have a lot though. Have you ever used one of those fishing backpacks? I have been thinking of getting one and since I am going to have to be on crutches for a bit after my surgery on my foot on the 29th I am really tossing the idea around.

John Koenig:

hotspur

I callect calls also, but that is a lot of strikers