turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poult sightings

Started by bossgobbler, June 04, 2021, 09:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim K

I saw 4 hens with 11 poults last evening in south east PA. This I was very encouraging as last year was very poor.

Wrangler95

I saw 7 or 8 poults yesterday,they were all bigger than a grown quail!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

bbcoach

We were out spraying our food plots, spreading lime and mowing clover the last 2 weeks, here in Eastern NC and we have seen the hens with poults. Looking good so far!  Summer Turkey surveys will begin in a couple of weeks.

GunRunner

Great video JeffC !!  Thanks for persevering on your download and sharing this.

Beautiful hen and poults. 

Gives me hope for a good hatching season across the SE.

bossgobbler

Starting to see more! 2 hens with 16 poults hanging together at home. I'm seeing a few on trail cameras on other farms. Friends are seeing more and there seems to be good reports from folks I talk to. Keep the good news coming in!

Wrangler95

I saw 5 hens that had 10-12 with them!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Hook hanger

Seen one hen today with 1 poult that was almost chicken size. About on par for Missouri poult to hen ratio now a days. Pretty sad!

Mossberg90MN

This is one of my favorite times of the year. It's so cool to hunt them in the spring and know the hens are nesting, then you get that 2-3 week break after the season and you start seeing little poults. It's cool to see the plan play out...

I unfortunately have not seen any yet and more then likely won't. But at my previous address I used to see them a lot because my backyard bordered a huge forest, no hunting, all public hiking trails but, the birds where still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

For what it's worth my father in law saw a hen with what looked like 6 poults, maybe a week ago. This is central MN (twin cities)

bossgobbler

We went from the weather being pretty good for a month or more to now having me really worried. We got 4-6" of rain in 3-4 hours yesterday evening. It was bad. This morning, the hens that had 16 yesterday have 14 today. A couple of them don't appear to be doing very well. I'm hoping the sunshine comes out and it warms them up. It can go from great to bad pretty quickly. It's frustrating when you do everything in your power to have a successful hatch and then it can crumble with some bad weather. I'm hoping the hens in the area have done a nice job protecting. It was a good hatch in our area so far. After last night's rain I am worried.

bear hunter

Saw first poults today in wnc first hen had 4 or 5 small poults and second hen had two that were pretty good sized.

catman529

Saw my first today by the side of the road. Hen had a good handful that looked recently hatched. Middle TN Williamson county. She took em off into the woods pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jim K

I posted this on the PA poult thread but I'll repeat it here. I got to watch 6 hens with 23 poults out my shop window this morning. Made my day!!

wchadw

I have a couple groups that look big enough to fly in central MS. Proud father

bwhana

Have seen only two hens without poults in western NC since the season ended until today.  Just saw a hen with 6 poults and a big longbeard with them on a bike trail in Lenoir city limits (zero hunting of course).