OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poult sightings

Started by bossgobbler, June 04, 2021, 09:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim K

That was a cool video. I can't post pictures on here either!

hotspur

It's still raining down here  by the gulf. It's been very wet down here this spring. I  don't see them untill   late summer

topnotch

Seen 1st hen with poults this week in East TN, hope they can avoid the predators.

paboxcall

Saw 6 hens on the move this past week in northern PA, none had poults with them.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WiLL B

Cool video Jeff! She had a bucket full of them too!

Chad Gus715

The wife seen a hen with a handfull of little ones last week,, here in west central Wisconsin

pdaugherty

I've seen 3 different groups here in central AL over the past two weeks. Last weekend we saw a hen with 4 poults all could fly and were the size of small chickens. We saw another this weekend in one of our very large food plots with 10 poults that all flew and were a little bigger than quail. The other hen had 8 poults and they were very tiny, the size of small chicks. This wide range in size of poults is pretty common were I hunt. Hopefully most of the little guys make it.

Dtrkyman

Some promising sightings!  Maybe the hatch we need?

dublelung

I'm seeing a good many in Southeast Mississippi.

WiLL B

Great News! Y'all keep the reports coming.

bossgobbler

Saw a hen with 9 poults today. These are the first ones I have seen for myself this year. They were pretty small. I'm guessing about a week old.

Greg Massey

Haven't saw any yet, still looking...

HillclimberWV

Saw a hen with 8 poults this morning that couldn't have been more than a couple days old. Hopefully they all make it. This was in the eastern panhandle on wv
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Cowboy

Quote from: JeffC on June 06, 2021, 08:16:41 PM
5/19, found a lot of scratching, started soft talking and scratching my way thru woods, sign continued to get fresher. Look to my left a Hen is 15' from me, have to get to phone, she doesn't  like me moving, starts to walk away then turns and starts walking back to me, start videoing, then the ground starts moving between us, 8 newly hatched poults. Cant get the video to post here, too big of a file, click on link below, I hope it works, taken me 2 days of trying to get it posted. It was awsome to see interaction between momma Hen and her poults, think when she first saw me move she putted, they all froze, had to been only 7 to 10' from me and I never saw them till she calls for them to follow her.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3qCGzLCktPB57UPK7
Neat video !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jimspur

Quote from: JeffC on June 06, 2021, 08:16:41 PM
5/19, found a lot of scratching, started soft talking and scratching my way thru woods, sign continued to get fresher. Look to my left a Hen is 15' from me, have to get to phone, she doesn't  like me moving, starts to walk away then turns and starts walking back to me, start videoing, then the ground starts moving between us, 8 newly hatched poults. Cant get the video to post here, too big of a file, click on link below, I hope it works, taken me 2 days of trying to get it posted. It was awsome to see interaction between momma Hen and her poults, think when she first saw me move she putted, they all froze, had to been only 7 to 10' from me and I never saw them till she calls for them to follow her.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3qCGzLCktPB57UPK7

Thanks for the video!