turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Memorial Day

Started by jgard, May 30, 2021, 09:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgard

Remember those who gave all for us. And although not about you on this holiday thank you to all that served

Greg Massey

God bless our men and women who sacrificed their lives serving this country ..

Mathews.1

Thank you to all that have served this great country and for those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

RutnNStrutn

Absolutely!! God bless those who gave everything for our country and our freedom.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

WildTigerTrout

I served many years ago as a U.S. Army Infantry Sergeant.  I want to thank and remember all those who made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our great country.  God bless all of you Patriots. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

310 gauge

Amen to all mentioned!  And a special remembrance to the families who lost loved ones in the defense of our country that so many take for granted. Have a blessed day and stay safe!

BigSlam51

Our service members that paid the ultimate sacrifice should never be forgotten.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Cowboy

God Bless those Veterans who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live. Our thoughts, prayers, and thanks to the families as well. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tom007

Amen, god bless all that saificed for all of us.......
"Solo hunter"

bobk

God Bless those Veterans who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Mr. T. you will always be remembered.

Happy

Yes, thanks to all who gave everything. And thanks for those that are willing to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Jimspur

Quote from: Happy on May 31, 2021, 08:54:07 AM
Yes, thanks to all who gave everything. And thanks for those that are willing to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's good to know that there are still men and women who think this
country is worth dying for. Thanks to all of you!

Spring Creek Calls

http://lp.hillsdale.edu/memorial-day/

Moving tribute that sure touches my very core.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Sir-diealot

Amen, thanks to all.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Meleagris gallopavo

Memorial Day is an honored day for me an my whole family.  I had an uncle I never met that died in the Battle of the Bulge.  He was the only one of the 4 brothers (my dad included) that didn't make it home from WWII.  Many of us have been to Lorraine, France to visit his grave.  When you get there and see it you realize just how many died serving our country and protecting the whole world from tyranny on just that battlefront.  Memorial Day is a bit somber for us, and Veterans Day is a little brighter for those that served and continue to serve that return home.  Next is an excerpt taken from the Lorraine American Cemetery web page.

The Lorraine American Cemetery and Memorial in France covers 113.5 acres and contains the largest number of graves of our military dead of World War II in Europe, a total of 10,481. Their headstones are arranged in nine plots in a generally elliptical design extending over the beautiful rolling terrain of eastern Lorraine and culminating in a prominent overlook feature. Most of the dead here were killed while driving the German forces from the fortress city of Metz, France toward the Siegfried Line and the Rhine River. Initially, there were over 16,000 Americans interred in the St. Avold region in France, mostly from the U.S. Seventh Army's Infantry and Armored Divisions and its cavalry groups. St. Avold served as a vital communications center for the vast network of enemy defenses guarding the western border of the Third Reich.

Sadly, this is but one cemetery where our American dead who died in service have been placed.  All those serving in the military but dead and living deserve to be honored mightily.  It makes me feel really good to see people clap for servicemen and women that board planes I'm on.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.