turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nomad Pursuit Vest reviews?

Started by aclawrence, May 28, 2021, 08:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Hey guys I used the search and couldn't find where anyone here has used this vest. The Nomad Pursuit vest. It's more of a Fanny pack with a back pack minimalist style. Anyway it's 50% off today on Nomads website which puts it at $50. I came to here to see what the consensus on the vest is and there is none. Now that the season is about wrapped up has anyone used this vest or have any thoughts on it now. If you're interested now is the time to snatch one up and give it a try. I've been using an Alps Grandslam the last two years and I like it but am always on the lookout. There have been times I would have liked a lighter weight smaller set up. I know the RNG 300 is pretty popular. Just curious about this pursuit vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan_Wiles

I snagged one but its bittersweet since it'll be next spring before I get to try it out. I was not interested at full retail but 1/2 price was enough to get my money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dazzler

https://youtu.be/tJVVL0vYofE

I was going to get one but no bottomland. Also I already have a cabelas 1/2 vest and they look very similar. If it's anything like that cabelas seat, it should be nice.

aclawrence

Quote from: Nathan_Wiles on May 28, 2021, 08:10:44 AM
I snagged one but its bittersweet since it'll be next spring before I get to try it out. I was not interested at full retail but 1/2 price was enough to get my money.

Yeah most of my stuff is bottomland but I would probably be more interested in using this set up once it gets hot and I'm wearing more obsession anyway.

Upfold99

Following! l alsoo looked at it this morning. Not much out there on it, review wise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

I have one, it's not for me. Pm me if you'd want to buy it. I never used it. Wore it in the yard a couple times trying to make myself like it

ScottTaulbee

It's seems like a nice vest, I like the design of it. I like the layout of it and I like the bags on it. Maybe I'm just shaped weird than your average man but for me I couldn't get it to fit right and be comfortable.

aclawrence

What size are you Scott?  I'm pretty short.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: aclawrence on May 28, 2021, 11:39:25 AM
What size are you Scott?  I'm pretty short.

I'm 6'2". About 200 to 205 pounds

Cowboy

I popped on this deal earlier today. The dang tax and shipping shot it up over $70. Hope I like it or the wife will get it. She doesn't have a vest yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PALongspur

Had really high hopes for this vest until I saw one in person. Just as heavy and bulky as a traditional style vest in my opinion.

The new Cabelas version looks pretty good, too bad there's no good camo options. Bass Pro has really destroyed everything that was good from Cabelas.

aclawrence

Quote from: PALongspur on May 29, 2021, 10:18:45 AM
Had really high hopes for this vest until I saw one in person. Just as heavy and bulky as a traditional style vest in my opinion.

The new Cabelas version looks pretty good, too bad there's no good camo options. Bass Pro has really destroyed everything that was good from Cabelas.
Yeah I went in a bass pro during turkey season this year and I was surprised they didn't have any good turkey hunting clothes.  I know they have their own camo but dang, not a single piece of mossy oak.

nyhunter

I have one my son wore it once and I wore it once neither of us liked it at all . With certain clothing it's very noisy it squeaks and makes a noise the will drive you nuts, the box call pocket is totally useless if you carry your gun on your right shoulder,  I'll just say this it's light in weight but it's definitely not for me .

Nathan_Wiles

Pursuit Vest arrived today. Immediately claimed by my daughter because it matches her gun case...she already loaded her stuff in in it. We'll find out if its up to the task next April.
I agree the box call holder is on the wrong side though.

Swamp

Used one this year and loved it!