OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2018 TURKEY HUNTING INCIDENT-ACQUITTAL?

Started by mookyj, May 18, 2021, 07:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mookyj

This Recent story came across my news feed today, and it just makes you shake your head... I'll refer to it as "The Illusion Of The Mistaken Hand Turkey."

According to the outcome of a two-day trial in Monroe Circuit Court a week prior, the defendant, Michael L. Nanny of Gosport, IN was acquitted on two felony counts of criminal recklessness. Nanny was convicted of "Use of private land without consent." The third count levied as a misdemeanor... 

Click for more http://www.turkey-talk.com/tblog/?p=2061
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

strum

At a distance of ten feet he misidentified an ungloved human hand for a turky head?  Ten feet? 

Tail Feathers

Reckless was a generous description of what he did.  And yet he beat that charge.  Wow.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Chordeiles

joey46

Curious if this was a jury or a judge only verdict. 

mookyj

Quote from: joey46 on May 19, 2021, 05:15:32 AM
Curious if this was a jury or a judge only verdict.

It was a trial by jury. If you have ever served as a juror in a criminal trial, you'll understand how incapable some are of sound, rational thinking. They live among us.
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

tal

An old cop joke..... To think your freedom depends on twelve people too dumb to think of a good enough excuse to get out of jury duty.

bigriverbum

Thankful the victims weren't killed. Some consolation

GobbleGitr

Disappointing how casually the court seemed to treat a nearly fatal incident

jhoward11

Would like to see how the Civil case turns out. Pretty sure he's in a world of hurt on the civil side.  Just not as much hurt as those shot. Would really like to know about him...experienced hunter, just started, new gun owner??? Had to have some help on the inside....to get those charges totally dropped. Would like to know what camo they had on because at 10 feet and he couldn't tell...WOW!!! I'm buying what they got!

Swenny

Wow. . .

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: tal on May 19, 2021, 07:53:54 AM
An old cop joke..... To think your freedom depends on twelve people too dumb to think of a good enough excuse to get out of jury duty.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: jhoward11 on May 19, 2021, 10:30:10 AM
Would like to know what camo they had on because at 10 feet and he couldn't tell...WOW!!! I'm buying what they got!
Exactly!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

silvestris

I guess the jury thought that the one taking the selfie was dumber than the shooter.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game