News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Could pretty goods ones to start the season

Started by neal, April 28, 2021, 09:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

My best Merriams to date in SD 1 5/8" matching spurs

Followed that up with my best Osceola to date. Doubled on a pair of good ones. One had 1.5" matching the other had a 2" and a 1 7/8" spur.

Overall our group did well in SD 8 in 1.5 days

Run of the mill 1 3/8" matching spurs here in WI. Been blessed with some really good spurs to start the season.

Lot of season left here in WI and other states yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

coyote1

Both of those birds have awesome Spurs. Congratulations! That's a pile of birds in that 3rd picture, that's what I call success.

bigriverbum

incredible! i'd hesitate to run up and stomp on that bird.

question about the group pic. do you guys gut the birds and chill them somehow for the group pics?  i get antsy to get mine gutted after stopping by moms, grandma's, and a few friends places

Tail Feathers

Wow!  That is a great season already.  Congrats.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

neal

Quote from: bigriverbum on April 28, 2021, 10:09:48 PM

question about the group pic. do you guys gut the birds and chill them somehow for the group pics?  i get antsy to get mine gutted after stopping by moms, grandma's, and a few friends places
Those birds were actually cleaned already. I've done that quite a bit over the years from a distance you can't even tell they're missing all the meat.

Neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

bigriverbum

Quote from: neal on April 28, 2021, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: bigriverbum on April 28, 2021, 10:09:48 PM

Those birds were actually cleaned already. I've done that quite a bit over the years from a distance you can't even tell they're missing all the meat.

Neal

cool! just wondering. never taken more than 1 bird and uniformed

WiLL B

Yoteduster

RutnNStrutn

Congrats to all of y'all!!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

RiverBuck

Ozarks Hillbilly

Good birds for sure, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JeffC

Those are some serious HOOKS, you are on fire, send some of that mojo my way..Congrats again.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Swenny

Nice birds

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk