OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best turkey vest if you’re using a chair

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, April 27, 2021, 07:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

My Alps Grand Slam seat came off but I had already decided to use a turkey lounger due to extreme discomfort from sitting in the Alps vest.  Took the kickstand off the Alps and used it today in the chair and it's bulky with the chair.  Looking for a vest that works well with a chair.  While I'm at it I'd like one that has places for 3 pot calls and lots of strikers, if such a vest exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

BigSlam51

You might look into the alps long spur. The bag on the back is removable so I'm sure it would be plenty comfy in a lounger. Only has 2 pot call pouches but you could probably fit one in another pocket, holds 6 strikers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 27, 2021, 07:55:42 PM
You might look into the alps long spur. The bag on the back is removable so I'm sure it would be plenty comfy in a lounger. Only has 2 pot call pouches but you could probably fit one in another pocket, holds 6 strikers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thanks!

bbcoach

If your looking for a comfortable and roomy vest, look at the Primos Gen 2.  I use a lounger most of the time as well and I leave my padded seat up on my back and it is VERY comfortable for LONG sits.  The vest has 4 zipped pot call pockets, plenty of striker storage and plenty more pockets.  The great thing about this vest is the pockets are on the front of the vest and you have easy access while seated.

GunRunner

I use my turkey lounger about 50% of the time. When I do use it, I take my vest off and lay it on the ground on the right side of my chair. Sometimes sprinkle some leaves on it.  I take my calls out and place them on the vest so I can easily reach them. Several times on a setup like this, I decided to move on a bird. I slipped on the vest and left the chair. I had to pass back through the same area on the way out so just picked it up then.

GunRunner

3bailey3

x2 Gunrunner, if i make a move going to one pot call and one striker!

wchadw

If you are going with a chair might check out Glenda green satchel

Tail Feathers

I use a chair most of the time.  I use a Tactical Tater but I'm liking the looks of that Longspur.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

HookedonHooks

Quote from: wchadw on April 27, 2021, 10:57:04 PM

Satchel/lounger chair combo here as well.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: wchadw on April 27, 2021, 10:57:04 PM

I thought about that after I posted.

AndyN

I quit using vest when I got a good chair. I carry a box call, one pot call, two strikers, and my mouth calls in a  small HS Sturt accessory pouch. I don't think they are made anymore but there are some chest packs that would probably fit your needs. Next year I plan to get a new binocular harness that has multiple pockets that will work for calls.

AndyN

Something like this. Two side pockets, front pocket, elastic pouch on top, zippered rear pocket.

lowoctane

Quote from: AndyN on April 28, 2021, 10:28:30 AM
I quit using vest when I got a good chair. I carry a box call, one pot call, two strikers, and my mouth calls in a  small HS Sturt accessory pouch. I don't think they are made anymore but there are some chest packs that would probably fit your needs. Next year I plan to get a new binocular harness that has multiple pockets that will work for calls.

What chair are you using sir? Thx! :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: lowoctane on April 28, 2021, 10:57:26 AM
Quote from: AndyN on April 28, 2021, 10:28:30 AM

What chair are you using sir? Thx! :camohat:
A $15 one I got at Walmart 3 years ago.  Not sure of the brand.  It's comfortable.  Wish it was lighter...

strum

This is what im using..  one cushion is from a tater2 vest the other is from a summit lock on.
  Glenda Green is making me a cushion with an inner tube that i think will be sweet.
I guess your really talking chair but these type are very lightweight  and carry well.