Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 11-87 SP Turkey year,,,need help!,,,UPDATE : )

Started by kdog, May 28, 2011, 05:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino0018

Quote from: bird on May 29, 2011, 12:15:50 PM
I would take that gun over a MJ any day of the year.  Jump on it, cuz for $600 your not going to find another like it, especially if its in good shape.  If you don't want it, let me know where its at and I'll call the guy up and buy it sight unseen.

bird

Bird, I have the same gun I want to move.....

kdog

Looks  like mines twin  :z-guntootsmiley:  If it was a greenleaf model I'd jump all over it.I luv these older patterns!

Yours looks in great shape Rhino someone on the board mite be interested in that.

davisd9

A jellyhead .665 with some Mag Blends will make him bounce when he hits the ground, would also consider a Puregold.  Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

honker22

Kdog,

Congrats on the purchase.  I have a Rem 870 older model with a 21" barrel.  FWIW- I have shot many chokes with mine and all types of Hevsishot.  PureGold .670 shot the worst.  Jellyhead .665 and H13 .662 shot decent numbers with 3-2-7s and 3-2-6s.  Then I discovered TSS... so I have quit searching.

The PG was sent back, no questions asked and I got my money back.  I would definitely try an Indian Creek .660 OR .665.  Maybe check out Sumtoy too, he is getting great reviews and is a member on this forum.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mommicked

I have the exact same model purchased in 1990? Its a great shotgun. you'll love it. Its ironic you spoke of having a single shot before, I grew tired of lugging the 1187 w 2, 3" 2oz. loads (to lighten it up)  in the hills running and gunning and recently bought a NEF 28" full choke to hunt w instead! $85 at a gun show. Used but in new condition and patterns pretty good. Heck Ive never shot at a turkey more than once anyway W any shotgun! The recoil w the light single shot is brutal w a 2oz. 3" though. In fact I found out on the way home from the gun show, my buddy and I stopped at a place we hunt and I fired a turkey load  sitting on my new turkey seat w/o a backrest. Im 6'2" 205 and my feet flew up in the air as I rolled backwards w the shot! My buddy laughed hysterically and said "HE&% NO" when I asked If he wanted to shoot my new gun! ;D
Learning something new, on every hunt.

Snoody Bastid

^ That's a pretty funny story. Sounds like Youtube material to me.

WIRE PALADIN

Quote from: Rhino0018 on August 03, 2011, 11:06:06 AM
Here are a couple pics....

that 1187 looks like the one gold hunter just got.......... ???

pat

:chucknorris:
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

GOLD HUNTER