OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Comb riser/raiser

Started by btomlin, April 05, 2021, 10:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

How many optics users add a comb riser to their shotguns?   Even with the low sumtoy mount, I feel like my head/cheek is loose on the stock. 

Anyone have any "homemade solutions"??   I'm sort of brainstorming but if I can add a few options it would be great.

WV Ridge Reaper

Check out godagrip..good stuff I run one on my 410.

paboxcall

Put a Beartooth padded riser on my little 20 gauge. Helps soften recoil too.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

the Ward

Accu-riser. I don't know how to do a link but it is on a website called leatherman. It has been around for years, they attach either with screws like a recoil pad for a factory look, or strap versions if you don't want to drill. They have a few different models.

bbcoach

Beartooth Comb Raiser X2.  Neoprene slips on the stock, different height foam adjustments goes under the neoprene allowing you to raise the position of your cheek to your desired height.  Beartooth allows for a dual purpose, 1. It raises your cheek to your desired height 2. It is padded so it keeps you from getting that cheek slap from the recoil of those 3 or 3 1/2 inchers.  I love mine on my 835 with Bushnell Red dot and 3 1/2 inch Hevi 7's.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Ozark Ridge Runner

I have a Benelli M2 and they have 2 different comb inserts that are higher than standard.  I use the medium and it fits pretty good with the base that I machined to mount a Leupold Delta Point Pro.  It's a slick set up.

btomlin

Thanks folks.

Red Green would be proud of my engineering. :)  I elected for the small slice/section of noodle and tape method for this year.  I decided I didn't want to spend more on a system until I find out if I like it.

Greg Massey

Cut you piece of swim or pool noodle and wrap it to your stock with that camo medical stretch tape that sticks to itself.

captpete

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 05, 2021, 05:07:41 PM
Cut you piece of swim or pool noodle and wrap it to your stock with that camo medical stretch tape that sticks to itself.

I did something similar on the wife's 20ga. I used the foam that I had left over from a Beartooth comb riser and wrapped it with black vet wrap to match the black synthetic stock. It holds perfect, is soft and helps remove some of the recoil/cheek slap.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 05, 2021, 05:07:41 PM
Agree that's a good job and will save you few dollars and it will always be easy to change...

lunghit

Here is my gun with an Accu-Riser. Works great
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

DirtNap647

lowoctane

Quote from: lunghit on April 05, 2021, 07:12:36 PM
Here is my gun with an Accu-Riser. Works great

Nice! Dedicated! :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!