turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who Uses a Lynch Jet Slate

Started by grayfox, April 04, 2021, 10:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

I killed my first bird with one nearly 16 years ago. It was one my dad had bought years ago & was made in Birmingham, AL. Just wondering does anybody still use them.

Tom007

Quote from: grayfox on April 04, 2021, 10:08:47 PM
I killed my first bird with one nearly 16 years ago. It was one my dad had bought years ago & was made in Birmingham, AL. Just wondering does anybody still use them.

Those are sought after by collectors. Nice looking calls, bet they sound great.....
"Solo hunter"

quavers59

Old Man Lynch put out some good Calls!!

Howie g

Although I own 2 of them in my collection, I've never used one . They do have a nice tree Yelp

wchadw

I have used them off and on since I was a kid. I have 5/6 of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobk

I received  a Jet Slate in the late 1960's as a birthday gift. I have not keep excact count, but to my memory , this caller has brought more birds to the gun than any other caller than I have hunted. It has been retired for the last several years.

CAPTJJ

I have one my turkey mentor gave me years ago. Good for soft calling and as already mentioned, tree yelps. I only bowhunt so usually have a mouth call in but it is the only friction call I use regularly.

trkehunr93

My turkey hunting mentor gifted me one a couple of years ago along with two Roger Latham slate calls.  I use the jet slate quite a bit, just has a completely different sound.  Great for Kee Kee's in the fall.

Hobbes

I bought one in the early 90s and have used it off and on through the years.  I'm pretty sure that I had just made a series of yelps on it before killing my first turkey.

owlhoot

Mine is from the 70's . Sits in a case now. It has a number of birds to its credit.

Vintage

I use one and a Roger Latham, Two of my favorite calls.

Sir-diealot

I bought one this past year I am going to try, I will also be trying a Morgan Friction Wood, a P. S. OLT, Perkin, Ill. No. F-6 Turkey Call Scratch Box and a VINTAGE ROY O RHODES TURKEY CALL. All will only be used on nice dry days and on land I use a lot and always walk in the same way so I do not lose them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

grayfox

I still occasionally use a newer one I bought a few years ago. I put my dad's old original one up. It does sound better than the newer one though.

knifeshark

Great for tree yelps , or situations where a bird is fairly close by. I killed one of my best birds using that little call. All Lynch calls are pretty dependable, the older the better!

sswv

My first spring gobbler hunting trip was in 1974. I carried a Winchester 'Red Letter' 16ga and a Lynch 'Jet Slate'.  The call and the gun was handed down to me by my hunting mentor. I carried that little call for years then put it away. An older gentleman that went to the same Church as myself and hunted the same woods as myself passed about ten years ago. His grandson has a little boy now (4 years old) and was named after his great grandfather. I really liked that old fellow so I put that little call in a presentation box with a hand written note and gave it to my old friends son to give that little boy (his grandson) someday. I figure I'll be gone by the time he gets it but that note will tell him what a great guy his great grandfather was and how he influenced me not only from a Christian standpoint but from an outdoorsmans standpoint. I hope someday that little boy will bring in a gobbler with that call and more importantly turn out to be a fine example of a man like his great grandfather was. I have a LOT of memories with that call and typing this really brings them to light again. Man, 1974 seems a lifetime ago.....I must be getting old.