Main Menu

Hevi-18 tss

Started by TrackeySauresRex, March 24, 2021, 08:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Midway hot deals. Box of 5, 87.99.   :z-dizzy:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Dtrkyman

I would hunt em with a slingshot before I paid that!  TYPO?

Greg Massey

I'll go back to my 12 ga. with Federal number 5 shot before i will pay that price. Kill lot's of birds with those Federal number 5 and 6 shot 2 oz. loads.

Wvdanimal

Fool and his ways are soon parted..

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 24, 2021, 09:43:22 PM
I'll go back to my 12 ga. with Federal number 5 shot before i will pay that price. Kill lot's of birds with those Federal number 5 and 6 shot 2 oz. loads.
Quote from: Wvdanimal on March 24, 2021, 09:43:43 PM
Fool and his ways are soon parted..
Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 24, 2021, 09:38:50 PM
I would hunt em with a slingshot before I paid that!  TYPO?

I think the lead board here is going to grow.

Blackduck

The price to load it hasn't increased significantly............ yet.

If you can get components.

Every bird I ever shot with lead was dead.

Still, tss looks soooooo good on paper. And they're dead too.

I'll spend more on gas than I do the shell, even at 87.99 for 5.

Different strokes for different folks. I enjoy shooting tss now. I have a lifetime supply of lead turkey loads on my ammo shelf if I can't continue to get tss (wouldn't surprise me with China the way it is).

Shoot the bird in tight, with a pattern that will kill him, and it doesn't matter what it is. Dove loads work if you get him in tight.

bbcoach

ALL OF THIS, is what I said when TSS came out and it was $50 a box ($10 a shell).  TOTAL INSANITY!!!!

2eagles

It's my money and I'll spend it the way I want to!

:funnyturkey:

Somebody had to say it. Might as well be me.  :lol:

vt35mag

I bought these shells in 3in 12ga end of season last year from Midway and they were $36-$38 a box marked down from $65 or so.

deadbuck

Yeah, I wonder if there will be any clearance sales on turkey ammo this year with ammo in short supply?

Dtrkyman

I load my own in 20ga,  5$ a shot I currently have 5lbs of shot and all components as well as 15 rounds ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

This is the market at work, supply and demand, when the demand is high and the supply is low the market sets the price.  I personally would wait until things level off before I pay that for a shotgun shell, come to think of it I would never pay that for a shotgun shell.  I am glad grabbed up 10 boxes of clearance Fed HW 3.5" 7's from Rogers a couple of months ago, patterned them thru a Carlson TSS choke this past weekend and they are a solid load at 40 yards. I am set for years to come between that, Hevi 13 7's, Fed TSS 9's and Win. HV 3.5" 5's.   

Dtrkyman

I have a random pile of turkey loads for my SBE2, that gun just flat shoots, right behind the beads and every load I have ever tested from it kills birds to 40, even bought the cheapest Remington turkey loads one time for home defense loads.

Shot a couple at intruders(kidding) and then killed 6 or 7 seven birds with the rest, patterns were just ok at 40 but I think all the birds I shot with them were under 35, which is typically the case anyway.

I just started reloading in 20ga TSS due to the poor choices when I started doing so, I would not spend the money on 12ga TSS loads personally, think it is a waste of shot, and am actually going to experiment with a lighter 20ga load and save some shot.

Most of my birds are dove load range, but am not missing a chance at a bird due to limited range, killed one at 40ish last year and that TSS flattened him!  Chased that dang bird all over heck on public and had em in range with not shot multiple times, was time for him to die and he finally made a mistake! 

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 25, 2021, 10:38:46 AM

I would not spend the money on 12ga TSS loads personally, think it is a waste of shot, and am actually going to experiment with a lighter 20ga load and save some shot.

Agreed!

joey46

I'll bet that during this high priced and low availability shell phenomena very few casual shooters will bother to do any serious patterning.  Almost can't blame them but I remember how poorly some "super shells" have patterned for me.  Be nice to think some will at least try a shot or two before throwing TSS around at the big birds.