OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverBuck

Quote from: snoodcrusher on March 28, 2021, 09:41:30 AM
This forum is overflowing with leftists, authoritarians, and sheep willing to submit to authority.  It's nice to see that some are pointing this out and confronting these brain dead drones.  As for the COVID vaccine and those who receive it, that's their right.  Those who do not want the vaccine should have the right to reject it.  Simple as that.  No black lists, restrictions, or limitations for either group.  To suggest anything to the contrary is a civil liberty infringement.  Those who do not recognize it as such are dangerous, far more dangerous than a disease with a 99% survival rate. 

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly."

"Of all tyrannies, the tyranny exercised for the "good" of its victims may be the most oppressive."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amen.
You nailed it

BigSlam51

This forum is overflowing with leftists, authoritarians, and sheep willing to submit to authority.  It's nice to see that some are pointing this out and confronting these brain dead drones.  As for the COVID vaccine and those who receive it, that's their right.  Those who do not want the vaccine should have the right to reject it.  Simple as that.  No black lists, restrictions, or limitations for either group.  To suggest anything to the contrary is a civil liberty infringement.  Those who do not recognize it as such are dangerous, far more dangerous than a disease with a 99% survival rate. 

"Of all tyrannies, the tyranny exercised for the "good" of its victims may be the most oppressive."

X2

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

This forum is overflowing with leftists, authoritarians, and sheep willing to submit to authority.
It also seems to have plenty that label people as "leftists" or "sheep" if they choose to get the shot or espouse getting the shot.  I believe in agree to disagree and leave it at that. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

g8rvet

Don't agree at all.  In fact, it is actually an idiotic statement.  You are saying that all people that make an intelligent well formed decision to get the vaccine are sheep. 

I can't recall a single person on here that said they chose to get the vaccine suggest anything about black lists, limitations or restrictions. Maybe a couple did.  Most everyone on here said "make up your own mind". 

I am certainly not a leftist, I believe in individual right's over the federal government and as for being a sheep, that is just dumb.  You are assuming that most folks are getting the vaccines because they were "ordered" to.  I did not see that anywhere for me. Some people are just obstinate because it is their nature.  Whatever.  Get it.  Don't get it.  I don't care.  NO ONE HAS BEEN ORDERED TO GET A VACCINE IN MY STATE, so it has nothing to do with "submitting to authority".  Sheesh.  I made a decision based on medical facts.  Mind your own business.  That seems to be your recommendation.

The only point we agree on is no one should be forced to get it or punished if they don't. It is still a free country.  For now.  Vote!   
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Gumby

Quote from: g8rvet on March 28, 2021, 07:36:21 PM

Don't agree at all.  In fact, it is actually an idiotic statement.  You are saying that all people that make an intelligent well formed decision to get the vaccine are sheep. 

I can't recall a single person on here that said they chose to get the vaccine suggest anything about black lists, limitations or restrictions. Maybe a couple did.  Most everyone on here said "make up your own mind". 

I am certainly not a leftist, I believe in individual right's over the federal government and as for being a sheep, that is just dumb.  You are assuming that most folks are getting the vaccines because they were "ordered" to.  I did not see that anywhere for me. Some people are just obstinate because it is their nature.  Whatever.  Get it.  Don't get it.  I don't care.  NO ONE HAS BEEN ORDERED TO GET A VACCINE IN MY STATE, so it has nothing to do with "submitting to authority".  Sheesh.  I made a decision based on medical facts.  Mind your own business.  That seems to be your recommendation.

The only point we agree on is no one should be forced to get it or punished if they don't. It is still a free country.  For now.  Vote!
Thank you

hush

Bullshit. 1) Who cares what this forum is made of other than like minded turkey enthusiasts? There are other forums you can join where everyone thinks as narrowly as you do. You wouldn't get to be so condescending though. Sheep? Brain dead drones? Do allow your tiny mind to realize the people deciding to live their lives how THEY want to, have made an informed and intellectual decision and should not be subject to your ideological script that you've been duped into believing. I'll call it "sheep of a different color" so you'll better understand. 2) You have every right to refuse a vaccine. More for the people who want one. That decision may result in restrictions for you. There is a pesky global pandemic that has been very difficult to contain n part because this mentality. We could be far past this instead of facing yet another round. Maybe a civil liberty infringement is putting other people, that you've name called and labeled, at risk for destructive illness. 3) The survival rate you quoted is greatly misused. While I'm very happy that you've not experienced the devastating effects of this virus, there are many who have. I see strokes, heart attacks, breathing difficulties, and neurological deficits precipitated by the virus. Sure they "survived". But they can't walk, talk, think, or sense like they could before. These things are happening long after they had this virus. Many of those people can no longer do the things they loved. In fact, they are struggling to complete basic life tasks. Hospital bills. Hell, they are astronomical. Some "survivors" have crippling hospital debts.
Do not imply that going against the rhetoric that you've adopted is cowardly. There are legions of people who feel differently, what are assuredly not cowards. Maybe more intelligent as well. I am a health care worker. I am exhausted from this virus in a way that many will never know. I am disgusted with the politicization of this unfortunate occurrence. I have seen the worst of this virus and horrendous complications in has caused. Destroyed lives and families, some who didn't take precautions because they felt like it was oppressive.  Big, brave, free men, like yourself who died alone or can no longer call people names on the internet because they can no longer type on a keyboard. Think that the bravest people may be those getting a vaccine to make this virus go away.
Best of luck to everyone out there including you. I hope everyone comes out intact when this is over. Here is some easy reading that may be helpful for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

g8rvet

Quote from: hush on March 28, 2021, 08:11:02 PM

Bullshit. 1) Who cares what this forum is made of other than like minded turkey enthusiasts? There are other forums you can join where everyone thinks as narrowly as you do. You wouldn't get to be so condescending though. Sheep? Brain dead drones? Do allow your tiny mind to realize the people deciding to lives their lives how THEY want to, have made an informed and intellectual decision and should not be subject to your ideological script that you've been duped into believing. I'll call it "sheep of a different color" so you'll better understand. 2) You have every right to refuse a vaccine. More for the people who want one. That decision may result in restrictions for you. There is a pesky global pandemic that has been very difficult to contain n part because this mentality. We could be far past this instead of facing yet another round. Maybe a civil liberty infringement is putting other people, that you've name called and labeled, at risk for destructive illness. 3) The survival rate you quoted is greatly misused. While I'm very happy that you've not experienced the devastating effects of this virus, there are many who have. I see strokes, heart attacks, breathing difficulties, and neurological deficits precipitated by the virus. Sure they "survived". But they can't walk, talk, think, or sense like they could before. These things are happening long after they had this virus. Many of those people can no longer do the things they loved. In fact, they are struggling to complete basic life tasks. Hospital bills. Hell, they are astronomical. Some "survivors" have crippling hospital debts.
Do not imply that going against the rhetoric that you've adopted is cowardly. There are legions of people who feel differently, what are assuredly not cowards. Maybe more intelligent as well. I am a health care worker. I am exhausted from this virus in a way that many will never know. I am disgusted with the politicization of this unfortunate occurrence. I have seen the worst of this virus and horrendous complications in has caused. Destroyed lives and families, some who didn't take precautions because they felt like it was oppressive.  Big, brave, free men, like yourself who died alone or can no longer call people names on the internet because they can no longer type on a keyboard. Think that the bravest people may be those getting a vaccine to make this virus go away.
Best of luck to everyone out there including you. I hope everyone comes out intact when this is over. Here is some easy reading that may be helpful for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you for being on the frontlines.  Your services are appreciated by normal folk.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

stinkpickle

This forum is overflowing with leftists, authoritarians, and sheep willing to submit to authority.....

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

eggshell

Thank you g8rvet, gumby, hush and others for defending our honor. Especially to all the health care workers who put themselves at risk.

It amazes me that we see people openly refusing the vaccine and speaking up that it's all political, when in fact they are making it political. They say they don't trust the drug companies, politicians, Dr. Fauci and others. Those are personal feelings and just a form of politics. I wonder do these same people never go to a doctor or hospital. If they have a heart attack or bad accidental injury, do the refuse treatment. Do they take any form of medicine, even aspirin. All these things went through the same approval system and are administered by the same people. If you trust medicines and doctors for everything else why not this. Mostly they just want to be rebels and obstinate (as g8rvet said). If this had never been on tv and made a political discussion by the media and you went to your doctor or pharmacist and they said, there is a new vaccine for this corona virus flue, do you want it", many of them would in fact take it.

As has been already said, "look at the information, get informed and make a free decision". It's still a choice and it's still a free United States. I'm tired of this bitter a$s protest everything cancel everything culture. I'm ready to go turkey hunting a kill something.

Signing off BAAAHHHH BAAHHHAAA BAAAHHAA , that's a right bleat in case anyone has trouble comprehending   

NCL

Getting the vaccine is just merely a cautious move against the effects of Covid. I equate it in the same category as spraying my hunting clothes with permethrin at the beginning of the season. I have never had Lyme disease and have never been bitten by a tick but the possibility does exist. Same goes for Covid, the vaccination was a caution against the effects of the disease. In January I visited my Oncologist and she strongly suggested I get the vaccine as soon as I could.  A few weeks later I visited my regular doctor and she explained the vaccine and that it does not prevent the disease but lessens the effects. My biggest fear is getting the disease and ending in the hospital, my last hospital visit was 10 tears ago and it was for knee surgery with a duration of 72 hours and the bill was horrendous, What would a 10 day stay on a ventilator cost?

Lastly, keep hearing about infringement of rights. There are numerous laws that infringe on rights for public safety, for instance, you can not drive your car down the freeway at 100 MPH even if you are in a hurry. Well I guess you can but may not like the consequence.   

rstewart8706

Quote from: NCL on March 29, 2021, 01:08:34 PM
Getting the vaccine is just merely a cautious move against the effects of Covid. I equate it in the same category as spraying my hunting clothes with permethrin at the beginning of the season. I have never had Lyme disease and have never been bitten by a tick but the possibility does exist. Same goes for Covid, the vaccination was a caution against the effects of the disease. In January I visited my Oncologist and she strongly suggested I get the vaccine as soon as I could.  A few weeks later I visited my regular doctor and she explained the vaccine and that it does not prevent the disease but lessens the effects. My biggest fear is getting the disease and ending in the hospital, my last hospital visit was 10 tears ago and it was for knee surgery with a duration of 72 hours and the bill was horrendous, What would a 10 day stay on a ventilator cost?

Lastly, keep hearing about infringement of rights. There are numerous laws that infringe on rights for public safety, for instance, you can not drive your car down the freeway at 100 MPH even if you are in a hurry. Well I guess you can but may not like the consequence.
Driving is not a right!!!!!

g8rvet

Quote from: NCL on March 29, 2021, 01:08:34 PM
have never been bitten by a tick but the possibility does exist.

Come hunting with me!  I can end that streak in a day or two.  Have already pulled off a half dozen!  (North Florida).   They have been the worst I can recall since the hurricane. I think all the low brush has increased due to losing so much of the canopy in the woods.

owlhoot

Quote from: g8rvet on March 24, 2021, 04:45:07 PM
Fauci, who has advised six presidents now on health issues and has more than 30 years of experience in infectious disease, said there's "no doubt in anyone's mind (the Trump administration) will be faced with the challenges that their predecessors were faced with."(my emphasis)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/29/fact-check-2017-anthony-fauci-warned-potential-outbreak/5494601002/
So, in reality, what he actually said is that there would be an outbreak of some infectious disease in Trump's presidency, like all his predecessors (Zika, SARS, H1N1, West Nile, etc etc), and what he was really doing is lobbying for more funding.
Oh that guy. Who said no mask for months early last year and predicted up to 60k deaths. He kinda missed that one.
Now back in the spotlight and circlebacking all over the news.

g8rvet

Quote from: owlhoot on March 29, 2021, 07:23:01 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on March 24, 2021, 04:45:07 PM
Fauci, who has advised six presidents now on health issues and has more than 30 years of experience in infectious disease, said there's "no doubt in anyone's mind (the Trump administration) will be faced with the challenges that their predecessors were faced with."(my emphasis)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/29/fact-check-2017-anthony-fauci-warned-potential-outbreak/5494601002/
So, in reality, what he actually said is that there would be an outbreak of some infectious disease in Trump's presidency, like all his predecessors (Zika, SARS, H1N1, West Nile, etc etc), and what he was really doing is lobbying for more funding.
Oh that guy. Who said no mask for months early last year and predicted up to 60k deaths. He kinda missed that one.
Now back in the spotlight and circlebacking all over the news.
Agree. He is a political opportunist and has delusions of grandeur.  I was not espousing him as an expert, I was refuting the claim that he and Gates were on a video that predicted the corona outbreak. I think it is like Bigfoot, lots of people claim they saw it, but no one can show me any evidence of it. When I read that article, I was thinking he is like 90% of bureaucrats, just wants more money in his budget. 

Vintage

I have my shots and would like to thank all the health care workers for what they do.