turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Did you highlight that it is not FDA approved?  I would think a medic and nurse would have experience with that.  it does not mean it was not investigated and deemed safe.  It means the investigation did not follow standard FDA protocol and therefore did not have full FDA approval.  I have used and prescribed many meds like this that had tentative approval, conditional approval and emergency approval over the years.  It is not that uncommon.  I am unaware of any of those drugs not eventually getting full approval.  Which also does not mean they are totally safe and without risk of side effects or idiosyncratic reactions.  Nothing is 100% safe.   
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

eggshell

g8rvet, Most of the drugs I used in my career were extra label or I had INADS for some. We still used them under emergency use but you  are right they did not have full approval
Yet they were considered safe and effective, because of data accumulated through other testing. MOst people have never been involved with drug approval and thus
don't understand the process, many drug are actually used before final approval. Once there is enough data to indicate they are safe and effective they can be used
under emergency use clauses. This is nothing new, I done it 30 years ago.

Jmbradt3873

I didn't, it was highlighted when they gave it to her. I was told that the CDC felt the potential benefit outweighed the potential risks. I will wait awhile. If the say I can't fly anywhere else, I am good with that. I am 30 minutes away from Osceolas, 1 hour away from Easterns, 2 hours away from deer hunting in Georgia and within 3 and1/2 hours from a half dozen theme parks, no need to travel, all the crazy I can stand right here.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

g8rvet

10-4.  I figured y'all knew that with your experience.  Have a safe and fun season.  Tomorrow is the 2 week mark since my second dose.  Not gonna go crazy but will relax a little more. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Jcfd142

I work at a Fire Department and my wife works at a hospital. We have both had both doses. No problems here. Not worried about it either, just trying to help prevent me giving to my mom and dad. Don't think they would handle it to well with all of their preexisting conditions.

Cowboy

Quote from: silvestris on March 23, 2021, 11:07:47 PM
Has anyone looked to see who our President is, and how he got there?  I trust very few in power, especially that short, rat-faced so-called doctor Fauchi.
X2.

fallhnt

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 23, 2021, 08:14:51 AM
FYI: Got the first shot with the wife yesterday.  No ill affects other than a slightly sore arm at the site of the shot.  Process was painless and well-organized.  Took a total of about thirty minutes from start to finish, including waiting there after the shot for 15 minutes to see if there was a reaction. 
:icon_thumright:

...And, oh yeah,...we were given a card showing we had the shot and were told to keep it handy so that we could prove we had been vaccinated because at some point in time, there were probably going to be circumstances where we would have to prove we were vaccinated to do certain things in the future such as taking a commercial air flight.  Proof of vaccination may well become as important as having your drivers license, proof of insurance in your vehicle, passport, etc.   :icon_thumright:
But NO voter I.D.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

Quote from: Vintage on March 23, 2021, 08:57:34 AM
If your not getting the Vaccine and give covid to your parents or a older person who dies you will be sorry. Millions have got the shot with no ill effect's. The medical personel in my area were not forced to take the shot.
So getting the vaccine insures you will....
Not get Rona
Not transmit Rona
No need to wear a mask
And can maybe celibate Independence Day if Biden allows you.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

gergg

The only new thing today is that part of history you do not know.....History repeats itself, it has all happened before, be wise and question everything.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

stinkpickle

I'm taking my chances with the vaccine.  I have a few friends who have been suffering from Covid long haul symptoms for months now, and they're miserable.  Some are young and were in good shape, too.

PalmettoRon

I'm not sure I get all the reluctance to take this vaccine. Full disclosure, I voted for Trump based on his policies, not on his personality. This vaccine was developed while Trump was the President. Yet, 47% of Republicans say they aren't gonna take it compared to 17% of Dems. Trump and his wife both took the vaccine even after having had COVID. It's certainly your right to refuse as long as your employer doesn't require it. I don't think Trump and his wife are sheep. At this point, I don't care. Good luck to all.

Wisgobbler

Quote from: fallhnt on March 27, 2021, 07:39:10 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on March 23, 2021, 08:14:51 AM
FYI: Got the first shot with the wife yesterday.  No ill affects other than a slightly sore arm at the site of the shot.  Process was painless and well-organized.  Took a total of about thirty minutes from start to finish, including waiting there after the shot for 15 minutes to see if there was a reaction. 
:icon_thumright:

...And, oh yeah,...we were given a card showing we had the shot and were told to keep it handy so that we could prove we had been vaccinated because at some point in time, there were probably going to be circumstances where we would have to prove we were vaccinated to do certain things in the future such as taking a commercial air flight.  Proof of vaccination may well become as important as having your drivers license, proof of insurance in your vehicle, passport, etc.   :icon_thumright:
But NO voter I.D.

And this doesn't concern you?????!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmbradt3873

Hopefully everyone has a safe and fun season. Medical director has the final say for us whether we will be required to get it. May have to get one every year from now on like the flu shot. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Quote from: fallhnt on March 27, 2021, 07:43:17 AM
Quote from: Vintage on March 23, 2021, 08:57:34 AM
If your not getting the Vaccine and give covid to your parents or a older person who dies you will be sorry. Millions have got the shot with no ill effect's. The medical personel in my area were not forced to take the shot.
So getting the vaccine insures you will....
Not get Rona
Not transmit Rona
No need to wear a mask
And can maybe celibate Independence Day if Biden allows you.

Where does it say any of that? After you get the shot.

snoodcrusher

This forum is overflowing with leftists, authoritarians, and sheep willing to submit to authority.  It's nice to see that some are pointing this out and confronting these brain dead drones.  As for the COVID vaccine and those who receive it, that's their right.  Those who do not want the vaccine should have the right to reject it.  Simple as that.  No black lists, restrictions, or limitations for either group.  To suggest anything to the contrary is a civil liberty infringement.  Those who do not recognize it as such are dangerous, far more dangerous than a disease with a 99% survival rate. 

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly."

"Of all tyrannies, the tyranny exercised for the "good" of its victims may be the most oppressive."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk