OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuttinAR

It's your right not to get the vaccine.  It should also be the hospital's right not to treat you for COVID.  Cuts both ways.  I'd be good with that arrangement.  Good luck to all.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: cuttinAR on March 23, 2021, 11:17:53 PM
It's your right not to get the vaccine.  It should also be the hospital's right not to treat you for COVID.  Cuts both ways.  I'd be good with that arrangement.  Good luck to all.
What country do you live in? Russia? China? Iran? Afghanistan? Hospitals in America don't pick and choose who they treat. I'd love to see a hospital trying to defend themselves in court for refusing to treat a patient because they haven't had the Covid vaccine.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

RutnNStrutn

AHA!!! Now I know why there is a big push to get vaccinated!! It's a plan to support not only Big Pharma, but also Big Donut!!!!

the Ward

That's not how that works. This forum sure seems like it is slowly being infiltrated by the leftists if  some of the posts in this thread is any indication.Wow....

BigSlam51

Yet our hospitals treat thousands of patients that don't have a dime to pay their medical bills, let alone have health insurance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

lunghit

They also treat thousands of illegals but you think they shouldn't treat a legal citizen without a vaccine? Unreal.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

SCGobbler

Quote from: davisd9 on March 20, 2021, 10:49:55 AM
I am getting my second shot the 30th. I am 35 and in very good overall health. Never had the flu shot and never will. If I get Covid most likely it will be a nothing for me. I did not get the shots for me, I got it for my 75 year old dad in chemotherapy, my 69 year old mother that has high blood pressure and blood clotting disease, my 67 year old father in law, my 65 year old mother in law, my brother in law with CKF, my sister with a clotting disorder, and other people in my life. If it was just about me then I would not get it most likely, but the world is not just about me.
I got my 2nd shot a about 2 weeks ago; we were volunteering for a clinic and it got cancelled after our first shot.

Same as you, my wife's boss is a diabetic, my wife's grandmother is 95 and a cancer survivor.  Both of my parents have had cancer and my mother is still on chemo of some kind.

Our neighbor is a hair stylist and if she gets it her shop will close which impacts all of the other hair stylists who work at the shop.

Did it more for everyone else to make sure they were safe.

Sent from Gobbler's Branch on the go!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

cuttinAR

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2021, 11:29:43 PM
What country do you live in? Russia? China? Iran? Afghanistan? Hospitals in America don't pick and choose who they treat. I'd love to see a hospital trying to defend themselves in court for refusing to treat a patient because they haven't had the Covid vaccine.

I knew that would rile y'all up.  The point is the vaccine makes this a preventable disease.  The vaccine is available at no cost, soon to be to anyone.  It just doesn't make sense to me that someone can refuse the prevention of disease, then get said disease, then demand treatment for said disease.  Wouldn't it be easier to not get it in the first place?

Like I said though it's your right so have at it.

BigSlam51

Quote from: cuttinAR on March 24, 2021, 07:46:17 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2021, 11:29:43 PM

I knew that would rile y'all up.  The point is the vaccine makes this a preventable disease.  The vaccine is available at no cost, soon to be to anyone.  It just doesn't make sense to me that someone can refuse the prevention of disease, then get said disease, then demand treatment for said disease.  Wouldn't it be easier to not get it in the first place?

Like I said though it's your right so have at it.
Considering we are over a year into this and I nor anyone close to me have gotten it, I think I'll take my chances. Kinda like I do with the flu shot, coincidentally I haven't had the flu in 20 years .

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ol timer

10 pages long and most say NO side effects sure you just got the shot come back in a year or two from now and let us know how you feel.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Ol timer on March 24, 2021, 07:59:34 AM
10 pages long and most say NO side effects sure you just got the shot come back in a year or two from now and let us know how you feel.

You must have seen the movie "I am Legend".  I took the shot because I want to be one of the man-eating zombies that preys on humans rather than one of the humans that didn't take the shot and ends up getting eaten!  That's my entire logic behind getting the shot!   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:

Dtrkyman

Crispy cream must have stock in big pharma, pushing the vax with free donuts, after everyone gets the vax they will be headed to the doctor after a year of eating their donuts for Diabetes and obesity.

Double threat!

eggshell

Hey I stood out on my deck this morning and listened to three gobblers making the valley ring....Best vaccine in the world! At least I survived long enough to hear spring gobblers again. All else is bonus.

Turkeytider

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 24, 2021, 12:21:11 AM
AHA!!! Now I know why there is a big push to get vaccinated!! It's a plan to support not only Big Pharma, but also Big Donut!!!!

Yes sir!! Just what our overweight, hypertensive, type 2 diabetes society needs!  Now, in the interest of complete honesty and disclosure, I happen to think warm KK donuts are one of God`s greatest creations!! I am brutally hard pressed to resist them!

Happy

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 23, 2021, 01:44:18 PM
Quote from: eggshell on March 23, 2021, 12:57:44 PM
I heard the vaccine will make you younger, more handsome and a better turkey hunter (because you won't have brain fog ). Do you feel more handsome, smarter and younger Gobblenut? I think I do but my wife says I am full of crap....is that a side affect? Now that's sarcasm font

Maybe it's just that I haven't had the vaccine long enough yet, but my wife has given no indication that it has had any of those positive affects on me.  Now, maybe the brain fog has resulted in me being a better turkey hunter in my mind.  If so, I'll take it.  Maybe it will make me forget a bunch of the times I have been schooled by gobblers.  If that's the case, I hope they hurry up with that second shot!   ;D
Gobblenut, your gonna need an IV if you expect any results.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club