turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntineveryday

Our hospital system was about 75-80% vaccinated, and no one was forced, it was their choice. None of the hospital systems in our region forced employees to receive it either. Most of my colleagues took the same approach, we studied the available evidence using our education in evidence based medicine and got the vaccine.

crenshawco

No vaccine, no mask, over this whole BS and that is exactly what it is, BS

rstewart8706

Quote from: Gumby on March 22, 2021, 12:03:38 PM
Always interesting to me how almost all in healthcare  get the vaccine. Others outside of healthcare seem to be more educated on the subject, and thus refuse to get it.  Makes perfect sense.
Most of those employed in the healthcare field are REQUIRED to take the vaccine in order to keep their employment.  Just like they are REQUIRED to take flu shots every year, if they want to keep their employment.
Maybe those in the healthcare field are taking it voluntarily or maybe they are taking because it is required to stay employed.  It's difficult to make a determination on the reasoning, when there is coercion involved.

huntineveryday

Quote from: rstewart8706 on March 23, 2021, 06:25:20 AM
Always interesting to me how almost all in healthcare  get the vaccine. Others outside of healthcare seem to be more educated on the subject, and thus refuse to get it.  Makes perfect sense.
Most of those employed in the healthcare field are REQUIRED to take the vaccine in order to keep their employment.  Just like they are REQUIRED to take flu shots every year, if they want to keep their employment.
Maybe those in the healthcare field are taking it voluntarily or maybe they are taking because it is required to stay employed.  It's difficult to make a determination on the reasoning, when there is coercion involved.

No one in our hospital system was forced to take it, and no one in the other hospital systems in our region were forced to take it.

GobbleNut

FYI: Got the first shot with the wife yesterday.  No ill affects other than a slightly sore arm at the site of the shot.  Process was painless and well-organized.  Took a total of about thirty minutes from start to finish, including waiting there after the shot for 15 minutes to see if there was a reaction. 
:icon_thumright:

...And, oh yeah,...we were given a card showing we had the shot and were told to keep it handy so that we could prove we had been vaccinated because at some point in time, there were probably going to be circumstances where we would have to prove we were vaccinated to do certain things in the future such as taking a commercial air flight.  Proof of vaccination may well become as important as having your drivers license, proof of insurance in your vehicle, passport, etc.   :icon_thumright:

dublelung

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 20, 2021, 11:42:34 AM
It's all up to you as individuals to get the shot or not. My wife works in the health care field and on most days she see's around 250 patients so that ruffly just over 1000 people a week during her work week. It's not so much the fear of getting sick from the vaccine. It's more of a fear of getting the virus and spreading it to other people. I agree we don't still understand a lot about the virus, but if you get the virus, life could be a matter of life or death. So in my opinion the only way out right now is to get the vaccine. SO to answer your question, yes the wife and I had the vaccine. Everyone working in her office including the doctors have all had the vaccine and no one in her office had any side affects from the vaccine. So agree it all a gamble, but i never have been to lucky at gambling. So for now it all about choice, one day you may not have that opportunity to choose. Good luck either way. I pray i never lose anyone to this CHINA VIRUS. JMO

250 patients a day? Good grief man what does she do for a living? 
My wife is a nurse and she got the vaccine, I've not taken it and don't plan on it. 

Turkeytider

Now that`s an interesting statement. I`m in healthcare ( graduate studies in microbiology and immunology ) and curious to know what`s led you to the conclusion that those outside of healthcare are " more educated on the subject ". Some of the things I hear in the general populace regarding what the vaccines are and aren`t just simply boggle the mind and have absolutely no foundation in anything approaching science at all.

Vintage

If your not getting the Vaccine and give covid to your parents or a older person who dies you will be sorry. Millions have got the shot with no ill effect's. The medical personel in my area were not forced to take the shot.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Turkeytider on March 23, 2021, 08:50:58 AM

Now that`s an interesting statement. I`m in healthcare ( graduate studies in microbiology and immunology ) and curious to know what`s led you to the conclusion that those outside of healthcare are " more educated on the subject ". Some of the things I hear in the general populace regarding what the vaccines are and aren`t just simply boggle the mind and have absolutely no foundation in anything approaching science at all.

Uhhh,....I could be wrong, but I believe there was some sarcasm involved with Gumby's comment...   ;D :angel9:

Turkeytider

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 23, 2021, 08:58:16 AM

Uhhh,....I could be wrong, but I believe there was some sarcasm involved with Gumby's comment...   ;D :angel9:

You know, maybe so. I may have completely misread the comment! If so, my sincere apologies to Gumby!! Wouldn`t be the first time and I`m sure it won`t be the last!

eggshell

I heard the vaccine will make you younger, more handsome and a better turkey hunter (because you won't have brain fog ). Do you feel more handsome, smarter and younger Gobblenut? I think I do but my wife says I am full of crap....is that a side affect? Now that's sarcasm font

GobbleNut

Quote from: eggshell on March 23, 2021, 12:57:44 PM
I heard the vaccine will make you younger, more handsome and a better turkey hunter (because you won't have brain fog ). Do you feel more handsome, smarter and younger Gobblenut? I think I do but my wife says I am full of crap....is that a side affect? Now that's sarcasm font

Maybe it's just that I haven't had the vaccine long enough yet, but my wife has given no indication that it has had any of those positive affects on me.  Now, maybe the brain fog has resulted in me being a better turkey hunter in my mind.  If so, I'll take it.  Maybe it will make me forget a bunch of the times I have been schooled by gobblers.  If that's the case, I hope they hurry up with that second shot!   ;D

Gumby

I was being sarcastic. No apologies needed. Regardless of vaccine or no vaccine everyone is entitled to their personal option. That's what makes this country great. As a healthcare provider I just get frustrated when people choose to not take it due to misinformation.

Squidkid

I think a lot of Michigan people are electing not to get it. Starting next week kids 16 and up can get it already.
Was thinking it would take to the fall for that age group.
I totally believe the outcome is a direct result of having a lying deceptive governor that can't be trusted.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Vintage on March 23, 2021, 08:57:34 AM
If your not getting the Vaccine and give covid to your parents or a older person who dies you will be sorry. Millions have got the shot with no ill effect's. The medical personel in my area were not forced to take the shot.
Not calling you out but just cause you've had the vaccine doesn't mean you can't spread it. Theres so much misinformation out there cause the idiots, mostly fauchi, have flipped flopped on everything about the virus from the beginning till now. Fauchi and Gates are literally on a video from 2017 stating there would be a pandemic in 2020. 1. There's no way of knowing that if it occurred naturally and 2. Gates is behind the vaccine and I trust a bill Cosby drink more than him

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk