OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Quote from: CAPTJJ on March 22, 2021, 10:28:52 AM
The "reason" masks (which studies have shown don't reduce transmission rates of respiratory viruses) are still required is because this isn't a true vaccine because it doesn't prevent you from acquiring the virus. The effectiveness is only that it lessens symptoms and reduces hospitalizations. You can also still transmit it to others, so the argument of getting the vaccine to protect the more vulnerable isn't valid. It only protects an individual, and may harm you.

Research is disputing this more all  the time. They aren't certain but it is looking more and more like it does indeed protect against transmission. Here is a article on it. Becoming infectious to other people is usually after the virus has replicated in someone's system to high rate of virus cells or titer. After the vaccine your immune system attacks the proteins of the virus as soon as you get it, that is what prevents illness. So if it destroys the virus quick enough to prevent illness, it also greatly reduces your probability of being a vector or infecting others. Time will tell. No vaccine ever prevented someone from acquiring virus, they teach our immune system to destroy it when we do. Yes these are true vaccines.

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/mrna-coronavirus-vaccine-prevent-infection-transmission/

RutnNStrutn

I'm 60 and I'm not going to take it. The virus has an extremely high survival rate, and I have a very strong immune system and rarely get sick, even after 34 years in the fire department being exposed to God knows what.
This vaccine was rushed through, and I don't trust it or the government. I take proper precautions and I live out in the country. That's as good as it's going to get on my end.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Gumby

Always interesting to me how almost all in healthcare  get the vaccine. Others outside of healthcare seem to be more educated on the subject, and thus refuse to get it.  Makes perfect sense.

Twowithone

Quote from: turkey john on March 22, 2021, 11:34:49 AM
Have received both covid shots and had no issues...I'm 75 and am in the high risk category having served three tours in Vietnam...Had Agent Orange, malaria and pneumonia five or six times....Still active and bagged a big gobbler on opening day here in Bama...Get the shot and don't be part of the problem.... :OGturkeyhead:
What problem the shots are not mandatory. Thank you for your service from 1 to another. My BIL was in Nam spent a yr in 65 over there he said on Sundays you took the pill the size of a nickle for malaria and other diseases over there. There were guys that didnt take the pill and had to go state side wonder if that pill was hydroxchloroquine that some one was pushing. Dr. Fauci the allmighty now says get jabbed x2 and you still have to wear face diaper and social distance at 3' what for if your vacinated its a head game at this point now folks.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

BigSlam51

Quote from: Twowithone on March 22, 2021, 12:13:07 PM
Quote from: turkey john on March 22, 2021, 11:34:49 AM
Have received both covid shots and had no issues...I'm 75 and am in the high risk category having served three tours in Vietnam...Had Agent Orange, malaria and pneumonia five or six times....Still active and bagged a big gobbler on opening day here in Bama...Get the shot and don't be part of the problem.... :OGturkeyhead:
What problem the shots are not mandatory. Thank you for your service from 1 to another. My BIL was in Nam spent a yr in 65 over there he said on Sundays you took the pill the size of a nickle for malaria and other diseases over there. There were guys that didnt take the pill and had to go state side wonder if that pill was hydroxchloroquine that some one was pushing. Dr. Fauci the allmighty now says get jabbed x2 and you still have to wear face diaper and social distance at 3' what for if your vacinated its a head game at this point now folks.
Don't forget, he said to wear two masks also.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Which Gun

Even if you get vaccinated they don't know how long it will last for minimum amount of time says three months to whenever.

I live in a small town most everyone knows each other or your friend knows the person. We know people in the health field not getting the shot.

I can give you a situation friend of mine had a buddy went to get tested last summer waiting in line he filled out paper work was extremely hot so he left without getting tested. Guess what few days later he got called and told he tested positive.

So if they can quickly come up with a vaccine with no covid in it in three- four months. Then tell me why they can't do that with the flu vaccine. Why haven't they cured the common cold???

For those that tell me I should get vaccinated and if I don't then I'm the problem. Then I say carry your behind to a communist country where your told to do everything. Leave your guns at the door because there's plenty of people saying your the problem on gun violence. What about that defenseless turkey you just killed on opening day bet there's right many people that would complain about that.

Last I looked I do have a few remaining rights left in this country and not getting the shot as of right now is one of them.   GOD BLESS ALL. 

g8rvet

I had Pfizer - first dose 4 weeks ago, 2nd dose 1 week ago. Mild "not quite right" feeling for a couple days.  Just not full energy - may have been psychosomatic too. No fever.

I think folks that see conspiracies everywhere and distrust "Big Pharma" and the government have a right to their opinions and can do what they like. It is your body and your choice.  Vaccines are all about odds-odds of disease vs odds of reaction to vaccine.  I do find the sources folks look to for their medical information to be very interesting.  There was a time I would have bothered to educate folks about some of the issues, but now I only bother when asked. 

Everyone stay safe and I hope your life expectancy is long and the turkey's you chase are short! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Spitten and drummen

I will pass. Good luck
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

CALLM2U

Quote from: Gumby on March 22, 2021, 12:03:38 PM
Always interesting to me how almost all in healthcare  get the vaccine. Others outside of healthcare seem to be more educated on the subject, and thus refuse to get it.  Makes perfect sense.

Several studies and polls are out there showing that around 20-35% (depending on which study you look at) of healthcare workers are not getting the vaccine. 

I have a team of 30 RNs and only about 40% of them HAVE or are planning to get the vaccine. 

One additional information to keep in mind as you look at stats among healthcare workers, many do not have a choice.  The clinics and hospitals are requiring them. So the participation rate is higher due to requirements, not by choice. 

trkehunr93

I'm passing on it mostly because it's a new vaccine and I equate it to a car company coming out with a new model, I want the kinks worked out before I put it in my body.  I'm glad they came up with one so quickly for those that want it but I'm fortunate to not have any loved ones who are high risk and for 46 my health is very good.  I take my Vitamin D and zinc daily, exercise regularly eat lots of wild game and get outside ALOT. 

Gumby

Quote from: CALLM2U on March 22, 2021, 02:22:59 PM

Several studies and polls are out there showing that around 20-35% (depending on which study you look at) of healthcare workers are not getting the vaccine. 

I have a team of 30 RNs and only about 40% of them HAVE or are planning to get the vaccine. 

One additional information to keep in mind as you look at stats among healthcare workers, many do not have a choice.  The clinics and hospitals are requiring them. So the participation rate is higher due to requirements, not by choice.
What percentage of physicians received it? Do you know?

gergg

https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

CALLM2U

Quote from: Gumby on March 22, 2021, 02:46:19 PM

I have not seen it broken down to individual healthcare professional occ level. However, as I stated above, many employers are requiring the vaccinations so the participation level is skewed. 

Antidotally, of the physicians I work with, most all have received vaccines.  The majority have told me they would not have done so if given a choice.  Regionalism, age, ect probably would play a role in the numbers across the country. 

Gumby

Quote from: CALLM2U on March 22, 2021, 05:00:51 PM
Quote from: Gumby on March 22, 2021, 02:46:19 PM

I have not seen it broken down to individual healthcare professional occ level. However, as I stated above, many employers are requiring the vaccinations so the participation level is skewed. 

Antidotally, of the physicians I work with, most all have received vaccines.  The majority have told me they would not have done so if given a choice.  Regionalism, age, ect probably would play a role in the numbers across the country.
I find that very interesting that the physicians would have opted out if they could. Definitely not the norm around here. Most all welcomed it happily and eagerly.

Best of luck this spring

falltoms

I'm not getting it, main reason is because the government wants you too. I used to get sick all the time, everything that came around I caught. I had a weak immune system. Years ago I started eating raw garlic every single day, and still do. My immune system is strong now, don't get sick anymore, the true medicine is in the right foods.