OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyTurk

Took my first Moderna shot a week ago.

To each his own.

As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, I am afraid our wonderful gubmint will use the vaccine as an excuse to exclude folks from certain activities.  No vaccine?  No admission to that concert or football game.  No vaccine?  Can't board a plane to fly anywhere.  Etc, etc, etc.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: NCL on March 21, 2021, 01:20:47 PM
There was a very interesting show on History or National Geographic on the development of the vaccine by Pfized about a week ago. Many of the points that were brought up in this thread were refuted by what was in that show. All the Doctors that  were involved said that at the outset when they were tasked with the development of the vaccine they said it was impossible in the time allowed. But due to some innovative ideas and cooperation they were able to get a vaccine. One of the things they did to cut down on the time is the normal process is done in three consecutive steps whereas with this vaccine they did the three steps in parallel.
Necessity and funding breeds innovation.  I don't know about the funding part as related to the development of the COVID vaccines, but I imagine it's somewhere. 
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

bbcoach

By the end of May, anyone that wants a shot will have a chance to get theirs.  In our county, we have 27% of the population with at least one shot.  IMO, by the end of April, everyone in the US will be bombarded with TV, radio and telephone calls BEGGING people to make their appointments for the vaccine.  With 3 manufacturers of the vaccine and the quantities being made, each of us will make a decision and live with that decision.  I'm ready to get over this and get RID of these ridiculous regulations and masks.

Sully53

I received the Johnson/Johnson vaccine last week, one of easiest decision I ever had to make!

Greg Massey

Also, remember for now the vaccine is at no cost. Sure we will pay it all back in tax dollars.

Cowboy

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 21, 2021, 03:43:35 PM
Also, remember for now the vaccine is at no cost. Sure we will pay it all back in tax dollars.
Agreed Greg. We are paying for it now. Government operates on tax dollars 24/7. Just like the stimulus check.  Already tax payer money. 

gergg

I hope my gut/instincts/research are wrong, but this whole covid/vaccine situation stinks something terrible.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

NCL

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 21, 2021, 02:19:23 PM
Quote from: NCL on March 21, 2021, 01:20:47 PM
There was a very interesting show on History or National Geographic on the development of the vaccine by Pfized about a week ago. Many of the points that were brought up in this thread were refuted by what was in that show. All the Doctors that  were involved said that at the outset when they were tasked with the development of the vaccine they said it was impossible in the time allowed. But due to some innovative ideas and cooperation they were able to get a vaccine. One of the things they did to cut down on the time is the normal process is done in three consecutive steps whereas with this vaccine they did the three steps in parallel.
Necessity and funding breeds innovation.  I don't know about the funding part as related to the development of the COVID vaccines, but I imagine it's somewhere.

One of the interesting points in that show about the vaccine was that when the government offered money to Pfizer for the development of the vaccine they turned it down.

Turkeytider

Quote from: gergg on March 22, 2021, 05:51:46 AM
I hope my gut/instincts/research are wrong, but this whole covid/vaccine situation stinks something terrible.

That`s an interesting and more than a little provocative statement. Care to elucidate?

Vintage

Got my second shot today. Many reasons to get it, not many reasons not to. Keeps me safe and you.

BigSlam51

Quote from: Turkeytider on March 22, 2021, 08:54:28 AM
Quote from: gergg on March 22, 2021, 05:51:46 AM

That`s an interesting and more than a little provocative statement. Care to elucidate?
Probably the fact that this virus has a outrageous survival rate. Also, why are they still requiring masks for people that have been vaccinated?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

CAPTJJ

The "reason" masks (which studies have shown don't reduce transmission rates of respiratory viruses) are still required is because this isn't a true vaccine because it doesn't prevent you from acquiring the virus. The effectiveness is only that it lessens symptoms and reduces hospitalizations. You can also still transmit it to others, so the argument of getting the vaccine to protect the more vulnerable isn't valid. It only protects an individual, and may harm you.

Twowithone

No shots here. People were duped big time. Think for a moment here when OBAMA/BIDEN were in office we had the H1N1 virus no shots required, no mask, no shut downs people worked right through it. With Covid 19 statistics were manipulated big time. Hell your annual Flu shot is hit or miss every year. Good luck if you do get the experimental shots. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

turkey john

Have received both covid shots and had no issues...I'm 75 and am in the high risk category having served three tours in Vietnam...Had Agent Orange, malaria and pneumonia five or six times....Still active and bagged a big gobbler on opening day here in Bama...Get the shot and don't be part of the problem.... :OGturkeyhead:

bigriverbum

Quote from: turkey john on March 22, 2021, 11:34:49 AM
Have received both covid shots and had no issues...I'm 75 and am in the high risk category having served three tours in Vietnam...Had Agent Orange, malaria and pneumonia five or six times....Still active and bagged a big gobbler on opening day here in Bama...Get the shot and don't be part of the problem.... :OGturkeyhead:

congratulations! and thank you for your service and sacrifice sir