turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by GobbleNut, March 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

I just got the second round of Moderna. I felt pretty bad the next day. My wife and I both had flu like symptoms but the second day after I'm back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalmettoRon

At this stage of the game, I doubt those that are inclined to take the vaccine will opt out and I doubt those that don't want the vaccine will opt in. What would be the consequences if no one took the vaccine vs if everyone did? Again, what percentage of retired, relatively young, healthy healthcare workers do you think have decided to forego the vaccine. If these folks are healthy and no longer treating patients then it would only seem logical for them to opt out also if COVID is no big deal with the healthy. I fall into that category and I was glad to take the vaccine to not only protect me, but others.

Do what you want re: the vaccine, but please don't think your internet search to validate your decision to opt out is a reasonable one. It would be like me reading a few online articles on bridge building and then arguing with a civil engineer on that topic.

grayfox

Me & my wife both got the J&J vaccine last Wednesday morning. Arm was a little sore a couple days & I did take a nap that afternoon after the shot. Other than that we both seem fine. Seemed like the best decision since she has diabetes & I had a stroke last turkey season & also have RA. Good luck & God bless you all whether you elect to take it or not.

mtns2hunt

Second shot of Phizer, Arm slightly sore and felt light headed and a bit drowsey for about 4-5 hours. Good sign its working.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

OJR

Wife and I had our second Pfizer shots this past Saturday. Sore arms but nothing else. Think its the right thing to do seeing that we are around a lot of folks who may be more susceptible to the virus.

Marc

Quote from: PalmettoRon on April 03, 2021, 07:13:02 AM
At this stage of the game, I doubt those that are inclined to take the vaccine will opt out and I doubt those that don't want the vaccine will opt in. What would be the consequences if no one took the vaccine vs if everyone did? Again, what percentage of retired, relatively young, healthy healthcare workers do you think have decided to forego the vaccine. If these folks are healthy and no longer treating patients then it would only seem logical for them to opt out also if COVID is no big deal with the healthy. I fall into that category and I was glad to take the vaccine to not only protect me, but others.

Do what you want re: the vaccine, but please don't think your internet search to validate your decision to opt out is a reasonable one. It would be like me reading a few online articles on bridge building and then arguing with a civil engineer on that topic.

This is such new science that a lot of people are changing their minds on a daily basis.  Being in the health field myself, I was extremely hesistant to take the vaccine, as were many of my medical colleagues (including my best friend who works the ER).

Speaking for myself, and other medical professionals who did opt in after inititial hesitation, it was not the concern of getting COVID, but the concern of passing it to a patient who does not survive it.  I felt that in my case that there was a professional obligation to my patients to be protected.

Speaking to other medical colleagues, including some pediatricians, I know of none of them that would have their children vaccinated were it allowed tomorrow.  There is simply not enough long-term information on the effects of these vaccines.

As to the benefit of everyone taking the vaccine...  Taking the vaccine for the younger crowd is not to prevent them from getting it, but to prevent it from spreading and creating "herd immunity."  If everyone (or almost everyone) did get the vaccine, it would likely come to a fairly abrupt stop (as far as the spread).

The questions are now...  Did we make a mountain out of a molehill?  Should the government be able to intervene and force citizens to get the vaccine for the good of the country?

As far as getting back to normal...  That ship has sailed.  We as society will get past the health concerns of COVID, but I doubt we will ever get past some of the insane political and social changes we have seen.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

goblr77

I took the J & J vaccine a couple weeks ago. It wired me up where I couldn't sleep that night and the bottom fell out the next day. No issues other than that. I had covid last August. The worst symptom was the loss of appetite for 4 days.

Foss5469

I just got my 2nd one today. I'll be leaving for my Nebraska hunt in 2 weeks and wanted to make sure I had it before flying. Here in my part of PA, it seems there are more shots available than people who want to get it.

strum

I dont know if its been said because I didnt read the 16 pages and yall i dont mean to sound like a smuck .. but ive heard so much covid this and that all year that im sick of it and im here to talk turky huntin . dont understand why its a subject on here.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: strum on April 05, 2021, 07:13:00 PM
I dont know if its been said because I didnt read the 16 pages and yall i dont mean to sound like a smuck .. but ive heard so much covid this and that all year that im sick of it and im here to talk turky huntin . dont understand why its a subject on here.

Nice thing about a forum: you are free to pick and choose the subjects you read. The main reason this subject is valid is because it impacts so many people including Turkey hunters not to mention where we can and can not hunt.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

strum

Quote from: mtns2hunt on April 06, 2021, 11:28:33 AM
Quote from: strum on April 05, 2021, 07:13:00 PM

Nice thing about a forum: you are free to pick and choose the subjects you read. The main reason this subject is valid is because it impacts so many people including Turkey hunters not to mention where we can and can not hunt.

Your right .. Im just a grumpy ol b*%$ these days.   Only vaccine for that is turkey huntin..

ChesterCopperpot

Imagine someone getting on this forum and telling every person on here how to kill turkeys and someone finally asks them if they've ever actually killed a turkey and they say, "Naw, but I read an article about it and watched me a couple Dale Outdoors on the YouTube." Sure, you could listen to that old boy rant and ramble advice, but I'm going to stick with the people who've dedicated their lives to learning it. With regard to COVID, I'll stick with the epidemiologists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalmettoRon

Good advice Chester Copperpot! The epidemiologists and other health care workers have skin in the game too. They've weighed the potential risks of the vaccine vs the known risks of COVID and the potential long term risks of COVID. Playing the odds, it would seem that the odds of sustaining long term harm from the vaccine is significantly less than the risks of COVID. However, it's a free country, one has the freedom to choose and I support that, but choose wisely my friends.

Goblen

Nationwide pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to blood clotting.