turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Glad I’m stocked up on turkey ammo!

Started by chatterbox, March 13, 2021, 08:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I've seen pics of some of y'all.  If you run out of shells just pull down your mask and ugly 'em to death! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 14, 2021, 12:38:20 PM
I've seen pics of some of y'all.  If you run out of shells just pull down your mask and ugly 'em to death! :TooFunny:
Most of us would booger up the meat too bad if we was to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 14, 2021, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 14, 2021, 12:38:20 PM
Most of us would booger up the meat too bad if we was to do that.

:TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

justin.arps

I'm glad I'm set for along time. I've shared ammo with A few close friends who weren't.

High plains drifter

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 13, 2021, 09:33:30 AM
I have enough to last me,my kids and grand kids the rest of their turkey hunting lives and I am no where near done hoarding it.
thumbs down

High plains drifter

You should not shoot more than one round at a turkey. They are easy.Im going to use my bow this spring to take my 4 birds in Montana. I am highly skilled with shotgun,and bow.That being said, I have 6 boxes of 1 7/8 oz. BB'S.

J.D. Shellnut

I found six boxes of long beard 3.5'' #5's in walmart couple weeks ago.
60% of the time it works every time!

RED NECK

Quote from: High plains drifter on March 17, 2021, 02:33:04 PM
You should not shoot more than one round at a turkey. They are easy.Im going to use my bow this spring to take my 4 birds in Montana. I am highly skilled with shotgun,and bow.That being said, I have 6 boxes of 1 7/8 oz. BB'S.
Picked up another 4 boxes before work this morning. Thumbs way up.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

husker

I was very fortunate to find some WLBs so I have enough for this season.  However, if people would just take a breath and stop snatching up everything in sight, it might go a ways in helping.   My local store is completely out of Turkey loads because they say people are hoarding them for home defense.  Don't me wrong, I wouldn't want to take a load of #6s but home defense? Really?

nativeks

Quote from: husker on March 17, 2021, 07:34:25 PM
I was very fortunate to find some WLBs so I have enough for this season.  However, if people would just take a breath and stop snatching up everything in sight, it might go a ways in helping.   My local store is completely out of Turkey loads because they say people are hoarding them for home defense.  Don't me wrong, I wouldn't want to take a load of #6s but home defense? Really?

People were buying bb and bbb goose loads by the case for home defense when they couldnt get buckshot.

TonyTurk

Yes indeed, people panic-bought turkey loads when they couldn't find buckshot.  That certainly didn't help matters.

TRG3

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 13, 2021, 08:34:54 AM
Fortunately, I have, over the years, accumulated enough turkey ammo to last me the rest of my life if I live to be 400 years old.

I've only got enough to make it to my 200th birthday. Short-sighted on my part, I suppose.

Tail Feathers

OK, I'll say it.  If you can supply your kids for their lifetime and leave some for grandkids too...you wasted money on too many turkey loads. :OGturkeyhead:

RED NECK

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 18, 2021, 02:59:00 PM
OK, I'll say it.  If you can supply your kids for their lifetime and leave some for grandkids too...you wasted money on too many turkey loads. :OGturkeyhead:
wasted? I never worried about others money, only my own.I have over 20 barrels to feed.Gonna be ordering more as well... :popcorn: like being stocked.

RED NECK

Good luck to all, beautiful weekend ahead to get out and spend it patterning! Enjoy the spring and the hunt!