OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tryin to get the farmin done

Started by selinoid44, May 24, 2011, 10:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selinoid44

It's been a tough year here in northern Indiana. It just doesnt want to stop raining! We had a great day today. I think we have 1500 acres of corn to go out of 8000 and a few hundred acres of beans left to do. Got to hit it hard when we can.

Come on sunshine!

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

a-j calls

That's some serious equipment...

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

vaturkey

I always wanted to drive one of them tractors.    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Houndstooth Game Calls

Thats what I like to see turnin over dirt!!

TnTurk

That's some serious horsepower right there, nothing like we used when I was growing up. The only problem I see is that all your equipment is red and not GREEN.   ;D

hobbes

Now that's a planter.  How many rows?

selinoid44

The planter is a 24 row Kinze. We run two of them. We have 9 or 10 of the big RED tractors. lol. We run one red combine and two green combines in the fall.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

DeWayne Knight

I'm in NE Ohio, and I just read yesterday that last year by now the farmers in my county had 93% of their corn acres planted.  This year due to weather: only 7%.  Lots of dairy farmers running out of haylage too and having to feed dry hay.  Been way too wet with too few no rain days to get any hay put up.

hobbes

My grandfather, actually all the farmers I know, run Kenzie's.  Well.......maybe one of them runs something green.  Hmm.....I'm quite sure gramps has been running a 23 row, but that one just seems wider to me.  Maybe his is 23 of the narrow rows for beans and he just uses the back boxes (12) for planting corn.  Does that sound familiar?  Of course he has never put in 8000 acres.  I believe with owned and rented combined he never was over 1000, and now is just down to trying to stay busy on about 300 rented.  I've ran it several times myself, but its been a while and I was usually just a fill in.

I think a lot of his is still under water in Southern IL, if not, still too wet to put a tractor on.

pullit

y'all sure do have big gardens up your way..... :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Basser69

That is some serious acreage to be planting! Good luck getting it all planted

ohiostrutter

The rain is making it hard for us to get anything done I build big tower grain dryers

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

ghillie

Sweet!!!  I recognize that good ol Kinze blue...their factory is six miles south of my house!!!