OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NMG leafy jacket

Started by btomlin, March 12, 2021, 09:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

Is the jacket lightweight enough that when it gets into May that you can wear a SS tshirt under the jacket and stay cool??  I normally wear a LS Tshirt but after a wash or 2 the tshirts seem to really "white fuzz" and fade even when turned inside out in the washer.

I see they mention about "moisture management to stay cool" but not exactly sure what it means, I guess.

Any experience appreciated....

PharmHunter

mullet dredge

Howie g

Natural gear Camo makes a good one also .

btomlin

Quote from: Howie g on March 12, 2021, 01:28:14 PM
Natural gear Camo mak :z-winnersmiley:es a good one also .

Thanks, I'll check it out

cracker4112

The answer is yes.  I wear mine down here all season, at the end it's usually brutal hot.  Sometimes in the beginning lol.

btomlin

I decided to go with the NMG jacket based on the recommendations.  It showed up today.  A really nice jacket and it will be really nice once the temps get hot.  Thanks for the feedback, everyone.  15% off thanks to the OG/NMG code was nice as well!

g8rvet

I have one.  Been wearing it this year.  Have had hens at 15 and 20 yards, so you are good there.  It does let the slightest breeze through it.  My old one was a little cooler, but not a lot.  On a really warm day, I go with just a long sleeve T though.  Although it is not a bug tamer, it keeps the skeeters off my back and arms very well.  I am happy with mine. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

bbcoach

Quote from: g8rvet on March 29, 2021, 02:30:18 PM
I have one.  Been wearing it this year.  Have had hens at 15 and 20 yards, so you are good there.  It does let the slightest breeze through it.  My old one was a little cooler, but not a lot.  On a really warm day, I go with just a long sleeve T though.  Although it is not a bug tamer, it keeps the skeeters off my back and arms very well.  I am happy with mine.
Use some permethrin and No More Ticks, Skeeters or Red Bugs!

Sixes

I wore it in 88 degree weather sitting in a tripod.stand over the weekend and never felt hot. But there was a breeze blowing through

jwm1485

Quote from: Sixes on March 29, 2021, 03:45:53 PM
I wore it in 88 degree weather sitting in a tripod.stand over the weekend and never felt hot. But there was a breeze blowing through

Haha I would feel hot in 88 degrees wearing shorts and a short sleeve tshirt.

Sixes

Quote from: jwm1485 on March 29, 2021, 11:24:45 PM
Quote from: Sixes on March 29, 2021, 03:45:53 PM

Haha I would feel hot in 88 degrees wearing shorts and a short sleeve tshirt.

Turkeys in the morning and hogs in the late evenings.

Georgia weather is fickle. A week earlier, I wore insulated bib overalls on opening day.

bigbird

I wore mine in Florida without a shirt on under it. I was fine like that but that rough material was rougher on the old nips ????. The temps was in the high 50's to low 60's in the mornings

albrubacker

Quote from: bigbird on March 31, 2021, 11:39:10 AM
I wore mine in Florida without a shirt on under it. I was fine like that but that rough material was rougher on the old nips ????. The temps was in the high 50's to low 60's in the mornings
Need some pasties.  ;D
I wear mine without a shirt under when the weather gets hot.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

btomlin

Quote from: albrubacker on March 31, 2021, 12:23:40 PM
Quote from: bigbird on March 31, 2021, 11:39:10 AM
Need some pasties.  ;D
I wear mine without a shirt under when the weather gets hot.

A shirtless man covered in camo pasties could have my area of the woods all to himself.  :)