OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbler lounger FYI

Started by Neill_Prater, March 05, 2021, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

Went into the local Walmart a couple of days ago and checked out the sporting goods department hoping to find a pair of extra large camo pants on clearance since the large size ones I wore last year have, somehow, shrunk a bit in the waist since last season.

No luck with the pants, but I noticed a Mossy Oak branded gobbler lounger on the shelf. I have one I purchased a couple of years ago at Walmart but noticed this one had a mesh seat, the idea of which I like in hot weather, and would also dry more quickly if it gets wet, so I bought it. $19.88.

When I got home and carried it out to the garage to put it with my old one, I thought it felt lighter. When I picked up the older model, it was noticeably heavier. When I looked up the specs, it shows the newer version at 4.6 lbs, the old one was 7.

I thought I would pass the info along for anyone thinking of buying a new one, as I don't think anyone beats the Walmart price, and now the weight has been trimmed as well.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

MO_HUNTER

Sweet! I'm going to stop in tomorrow and see if ours is carrying them. Thanks for the heads up.

SD_smith

Just bought one a week ago. Much lighter than the others and seems sturdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goblen

Let us know how they hold up. Thanks

Tail Feathers

That's a good weight savings.  I'll check my local WM out. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

SD_smith

Update: the metal loops that hold the carry strap to the chair are a little weak. It carries fine but if you catch it on something and snatch then it will bend the loop quite easily. Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grayfox

After weighing my old Cabela's Gobbler Lounger at 7lbs I bought me one. Been looking for something lighter. Thanks!

Greg Massey

I saw these at Walmart yesterday, looked really good for the price, only thing i could see might be a problem with them is stuff grabbing onto that mesh webbing. But the frame of the chair was really nice. My older one i replaced the carry strap with adjustable rifle pad sling. Guys change out the little strap and replace it with a padded rifle sling and you can thank me later for that tip... Walmart didn't have any turkey ammo either on the shelf...

12point

Good item makes hunting more comfortable for me.
I've had the same problem with clothes shrinking LOL

Tail Feathers

Mine should be here this week.  They didn't have them in stock.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dtrkyman

For guys under 200lbs I would look at the Lafuma low chair, camping chair, under 2 lbs.  I have used one for 2 seasons now and it is holding up well, they are rated over 200 but I think it would be a stretch! 

Sprayed mine with od green paint.

Turkeytider

I sure hope they prove to be sturdy. I do believe that it is more comfortable than my Browning chair and I know for a fact it`ll be easier to carry due to its weight and the ability to fold it up. Sure worth $20 to give it a whirl!

Nathan_Wiles

I picked one up. Took the factory strap and the metal clips off thenran some paracord thru for a loop to attack rifle sling as suggested above. Seems like it will be easy enough to carry and I have the old version so I'm already a fan of these chairs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

grayfox

I got mine in today. Noticed it was lighter but it didn't seem that much. I weighed it & it was over 6.5 lbs. It is a little lighter but not what the specs say at 4.5 lbs.

dublelung

Someone post the sku# of the chair you're talking about. The only one I'm finding online is the Primos version at $80.00+