turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lacrosse snake boots

Started by RiverRoost, March 04, 2021, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross R

I hunt the Florida swamps so I use them.  I used the Alpha mudlite snake boot and they were great. I could walk forever in them. I just had to replace them with the 4X alpha snake and its a bigger loser fit... I wish i could get the old ones. 

twyatt

I have used the Alpha 4x snake boots for the last couple years for early season deer and turkeys.  As mentioned already, they are ok.  Then keep my feet and pants dry and are snakeproof (supposedlly).  They are ok for normal walking, but not for hiking any distance, and they're hot.  They've held up great and are waterproof and I don't hike a lot, so they work for me.   When they wear out though, I'll likely switch to lace up leather boots of some sort.   They aren't super comfortable, and are a bigger looser fit.
I've been looking at new boots, but I want snake boots and I want to be able to tuck my pants down in my boots so they don't get soaked, but have yet to find anything I like so far that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

RiverRoost

Quote from: Hwd silvestris on March 05, 2021, 10:02:30 AM
Where are you from in west central MS?

My home is in Hattiesburg.  I work from the Natchez to Vicksburg area.
U?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up in the delta in Cleveland.

m2benelli

Bought the Aerohead before the 2020 season and put many miles on them trudging up and down the Middle TN hills. Have worn Mucks for years no complaints at all just the LaCrosse are so much lighter  first class boot my 'pinion