OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lacrosse snake boots

Started by RiverRoost, March 04, 2021, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Anybody got any experience with the Lacrosse rubber snake boots? Are they snakepropf from the ankle down as well as the calf area?

Jimspur

A friend of mine had them and he said they killed his feet. He was used to wearing regular LaCrosse boots and said the snake boots were nowhere near as comfortable.

Southerngobbler

I have a pair and I somehow developed the belief, I think I saw it on line somewhere that they're only snake proof on the camo side areas (the part that would normally be neoprene) and not really on the rubber parts such as the lower foot area and up the front. I actually just took a pin and easily pushed it through the rubber part near the top but  could not get it to go through the camo part. I'm not really sure what the deal is, they did remain water proof for last season, I'm not too worried about the snake proof part although maybe I should be cuz I paid for that option.

Sixes

I've had Cabelas, LaCrosse and Danner. Cabelas were good for a couple of years, LaCrosse hurt my feet from the start and Danners fit like a glove. I've used the pronghorns for the past 7-8 years.

I now have Danner Pronghorns and another spare pair put up for the future, because anything that I like gets discontinued.

Hwd silvestris

Although I despise hunting in rubber boots, sometimes they are a must in the real wet swamp areas  I hunt. I very seldom wear them.  I have the lacrosse rubber snake  boots and they are super comfy. They don't hurt my feet at all.   I like them way better than the ordinary muck boots. They are also quieter than the regular green lacrosse rubbers.  If you are a rubber boot guy then I give them a thumbs up.
I really like my camo snake chaps and and my Danner sharp tails combo. 

The rattlesnake are moving here in west central Mississippi.   Just about stepped on one today.   I thought I was gonna have to go change my britches. I didn't have my snake chaps on either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

I have the Muck Snakeproof Rubber boots. Fantastic, comfortable.  Wore them in Florida. Great boot.
"Solo hunter"

diyj98

I've got the Lacross rubber snake boots.  They sure aren't designed for all day hiking, but I like the safety when I'm walking in the wood in the dark.  I've yet to test them, and hopefully never will, but they're "supposed" to be snake proof all over.

Turkeytider

They work OK for me. Don't walk long distances, and I probably wouldn't want to in these boots. Peace of mind in the Georgia woods.

tnanh

I have the lacrosse and dont like them.
They are the hottest boot I have ever worn. They are two sizes too big and fit ok but will about kill you getting them off. They dont have a hill kick and
Even slip out of my boot jack. I was struck by a rattle snake
A few years ago and was wearing regular Muck boots. Hurt like crazy but no penetration. My wife
Bought me a pair of dry shod snake
Boots after that and while still kind of hot they dont compare to the
Misery of the lacrosse and I wear them a lot.

owlhoot

Quote from: Turkeytider on March 04, 2021, 09:20:41 PM
They work OK for me. Don't walk long distances, and I probably wouldn't want to in these boots. Peace of mind in the Georgia woods.
They are not good for long walks, I can say that for sure.

turkey_picker

I've got a pair and if you like rubber boots they are better than most. I'm also not sure about how snake prof the rubber part of the boot is. The boot fit my foot good, but as others have said, the boots are hot. Mine lasted 4 or 5 years before the rubber cracked and started leaking where they flex. I bought the Lacrosse Venom boots to replace them and like these better plus they are snake prof all over.

RiverRoost

Quote from: Hwd silvestris on March 04, 2021, 08:33:14 PM
Although I despise hunting in rubber boots, sometimes they are a must in the real wet swamp areas  I hunt. I very seldom wear them.  I have the lacrosse rubber snake  boots and they are super comfy. They don't hurt my feet at all.   I like them way better than the ordinary muck boots. They are also quieter than the regular green lacrosse rubbers.  If you are a rubber boot guy then I give them a thumbs up.
I really like my camo snake chaps and and my Danner sharp tails combo. 

The rattlesnake are moving here in west central Mississippi.   Just about stepped on one today.   I thought I was gonna have to go change my britches. I didn't have my snake chaps on either

Where are you from in west central MS?

Stick

My local store had Aerohead and Alpha.  I tried them both, and the alpha's were not comfortable at all and the rubber seemed very thin.  The aerohead's look like moon boots and I had to size down, but they were much more comfortable and the foot section felt more capable of stopping a strike.  They are made with polyurethane, not rubber.  Giving the Aeroheads a try, but afraid I'll be back to wet feet in my Danner's before long.

My Danner's soak my feet in a light dew but are comfortable.  Mucks were heavy and noisy because they are so stiff. 

RiverRoost

Yes my Rocky lace ups are worn out and get soaked in a light dew.

Hwd silvestris

Where are you from in west central MS?

My home is in Hattiesburg.  I work from the Natchez to Vicksburg area.
U?