OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Book Give Away Winner!

Started by Ctrize, March 03, 2021, 07:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upfold99

Ol' Softball head

Thanks for the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Spring Fever

Old Bob
Thanks for the opportunity

boomer

Ol' Peg Leg. He was missing a foot. Chased him all spring out smarted me every time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

born2hunt

My favorite gobbler is my next !! As he is always the one that keeps me going.

Thanks..
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Spitten and drummen

King Geoffrey. He ruled his domain and expected all the turkeys under him , including hens , to bow down and submit to his rule.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Yelper

The 3 stooges. I was able to harvest all 3 of them.

Yelper

bigriverbum

diyj98

Brownie.  He was a odd light brown feathered bird who ran in to attack my decoy and back out.  I was too stunned to get off a shot.

northms

Ol' Tubby. Never got him.

Chuck1443

T-Rex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

The Laughing Gobbler.

I hunted this one in northern Mo. 1st time I struck him some dolt came down into valley while he was spitting and drumming trying to flank me on the left. Suddenly I hear this God awful sound. Not sure but I think it was an attempt at an owl hoot. What the hell was that I said to myself. The origin became clear as I hear a kazoo( guessing an attempt at a crow call) from same area. Gobbler gone. I try and make a move to distant gobble that fired up while calling to drumming bird and the kazoo follows just up the ridge line from me. Finally had enough and yelled at the clown " why don't you deposit that damn call where the sun don't shine" not the exact words but you get the picture and leave the woods because I don't want to be anywhere near this idiot while hunting.

Next time in there I was only able to pull him into about 60 yds in an small clearing. Big,Big Tom.

Last day of Mo season payed him a visit. Nothing. As I was walking out after season closing the bird shows up and tears the woods down.

He gets the name Laughing Gobbler because on that last day I believe he was Laughing at me and telling me to go home.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

hoythunter

Hammer. Never did get him. Thanks.

turkeykiller41

Ol crazy finally killed him last day of season a few years ago.

Chaser

The Turkey Bottom Gobbler.

The first year turkey hunting for a friend and I.  Yelped into a creek bottom about daylight on our hunting club and got an first answer from a wild turkey!  We were jacked to say the least and already thinking about how we'd cook him.  Of course we never saw him.  That's how he and a nondescript section of creek bottom got their name.

Thank for the generous offer. 
"I remember the gobblers that eluded my best efforts far better than those that I bagged, and I am sure I learned more from them." Earl Groves (from the book TOM FOOLERY 2000)

Old Timer

Paint Brush. Big thick long beard. I was plan wore out chasing birds and my buddie talked me into trying an old field . I called him into a pine stand as he strutted up to my hen decoy I gave him a load of #4. Great hunt with my best friend.