OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TFT

Started by Bowguy, February 26, 2021, 07:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

TFT
Needed to edit this. So guys I'd actually never heard of these guys til this thread. I looked into it and the organization seems good. I originally thought it wasn't easy for all. It is. The link was hard to find but is now below.

Bowguy

For anyone who hasn't seen it. Also real hard to find. Doesn't come up easily in a search

https://www.turkeysfortomorrow.org/

Jimspur

Hey Bowguy - I went on there and see $25 as the minimum contribution.

Bowguy

Quote from: Jimspur on February 26, 2021, 07:57:04 AM
Hey Bowguy - I went on there and see $25 as the minimum contribution.

Jim how am I missing that? I posted link. Hope I didn't just miss it. That'd be good

davisd9

Partner level is $25
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowguy

Jim you are correct. I'm not a computer savvy guy. You had to open something. Guys imo they're at least saying some good stuff and it can't hurt to help here. Forgive my mistake guys but at least the info is up for all to see now. Thank you Jim

Bowguy

Quote from: davisd9 on February 26, 2021, 08:02:08 AM
Partner level is $25

Thanks Don it wasn't readily visible. I didn't know there was option

Tom007

Gonna look into this too....
"Solo hunter"

Jimspur

Bowguy you are right about it being hard to find. I entered Turkeys for Tomorrow into Google and nothing came up. I then entered Turkeys for Tomorrow TFT and it popped up.

Bowguy

Well the link is up now so we can all use it if we want. Thank you to the guys that originally mentioned them

Turkeytider

Unless it`s just some out and out scam (which I don`t think they are ), if it helps the birds, I`m all for it. I joined. Worth the shot, IMHO.

ChesterCopperpot

By design it's a very smart idea. The requirement to apply for 3-1 federal matching in order to receive funding is a fine return on my investment as a partner. That's not to say all approved projects will get that federal match, but the requirement ensures that a lot of them will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

I haven't joined up yet, but like others, I am interested,....assuming I can get some reassurance that their hearts and minds are in the right places.  I sent them an email after checking out the site, asking for an explanation as to how they planned on pursuing their mission and what they planned to do differently than what the NWTF is supposedly doing.

I am finished giving up my money (and time) to any organization that I am contributing mainly to several-hundred-thousand-dollar-a-year salaries.  The leadership has got to prove to me that they are in it for wild turkeys and not to line their pockets. 

Turkeytider

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 26, 2021, 09:15:44 AM
I haven't joined up yet, but like others, I am interested,....assuming I can get some reassurance that their hearts and minds are in the right places.  I sent them an email after checking out the site, asking for an explanation as to how they planned on pursuing their mission and what they planned to do differently than what the NWTF is supposedly doing.

I am finished giving up my money (and time) to any organization that I am contributing mainly to several-hundred-thousand-dollar-a-year salaries.  The leadership has got to prove to me that they are in it for wild turkeys and not to line their pockets.

Not an unreasonable position in the least. IMO.

PALongspur

There's definitely a fine group of people behind it, I'll probably be joining up.