OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any tactacam users?

Started by RiverRoost, February 23, 2021, 02:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Anybody use a tactacam on their shotgun barrel and what's the quality like. I see they have some wide view versions and most of the updated versions have features built in to eliminate losing focus and shaking.

Tom007

I use one, it's a few years old. Works ok, doesn't really get close ups, but it's not bad for self filming....
"Solo hunter"

notsure

I use the Tactam 5.0 with 8X zoom. Decent video quality when you have good light. The video becomes very pixilated when filming at dusk or dawn. Also, you must remember that your gun IS the camera. So, make sure to keep your "camera" pointed at the target before, during, and following the shot.

cknpro1

Quote from: Tom007 on February 23, 2021, 02:41:16 PM
I use one, it's a few years old. Works ok, doesn't really get close ups, but it's not bad for self filming....
I got one for Christmas gift, haven't shot with it on yet, but mounted it the other day. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Used them for years. Good footage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

MK M GOBL

I have a 4.0, gives me "good" footage (We use as B-roll). A lot will depend on what you use is, personal and just want to catch the hunt then I think would be fine, but if for production you are going to need a main camera to get that footage.

MK M GOBL