turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fowler strikers/ sold

Started by bornagain64, February 23, 2021, 09:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

Harold Fowler strikers for sale. I have had these for a few years, never planned on selling them, but I never use them.
I assume these have been hunted with,I only used the dymond wood once or twice. I want to sell as a lot, shipping and pay pal have all gone up.
There are 8 strikers in the picture, I am not including the osage snakewood/ tipped in the price, it has a crack in the tip. ( throwing it in, hopefully someone can fix it: I just can not throw it away)
$300.00 shipped, PayPal or money order.
Brazilian Ebony
Brazilian Chestnut
Pecan
Ipe
Patagonian Rosewood
Katalox
Dymond wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bornagain64

The bottom striker is cracked at the tip, just throwing it in: maybe someone can fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

bornagain64

Yes there is. And I really struggled with selling them and how to price them.
I still have about 8 I am hanging onto, I just never use these and do not see them
Ever making it into the vest. At least 1 of his strikers always make the vest, usually multiple.

bornagain64

bornagain64

CntrlPAlongbeard

Is Mr Fowler still making these? I bought some about 7 years ago, and have been wondering?
You are going to find him endlessly fascinating, occasionally easy, regularly difficult, and frequently impossible, but never dull. -Col. Tom Kelly

Bedge7767

Mr Fowler has passed away but his son is carrying on the tradition of making fine strikers.
Jim

CntrlPAlongbeard

He was a true gentleman and made such great strikers. A work of art and sounded amazing. He was one of the best!

You are going to find him endlessly fascinating, occasionally easy, regularly difficult, and frequently impossible, but never dull. -Col. Tom Kelly

Turkeytider

Quote from: CntrlPAlongbeard on February 26, 2021, 10:34:43 PM
He was a true gentleman and made such great strikers. A work of art and sounded amazing. He was one of the best!

Had the privilege and pleasure of meeting Mr. Harold at what I think was his last Unicoi. He could make you feel like you were the only one in the room. His strikers are now collectors items. True turkey hunting royalty.

reynolds243

Quote from: Turkeytider on February 27, 2021, 06:05:59 AM
Quote from: CntrlPAlongbeard on February 26, 2021, 10:34:43 PM

Had the privilege and pleasure of meeting Mr. Harold at what I think was his last Unicoi. He could make you feel like you were the only one in the room. His strikers are now collectors items. True turkey hunting royalty.

agreed, one of the nicest men I have ever met and a joy just to sit and talk to. I have about 6-7 of his I still use and really wish i would have gotten even more before he passed.