OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weekend in Minnesnowta...turkeys, shrooms and rainbows

Started by ghillie, May 23, 2011, 09:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Went to Minn this last weekend to hunt, camp and fish with a fellow VooDoo team member...Nik.  Had a GREAT time and can't wait for next year to do it again.  I love the turkey contest OG puts on, it is an excellent way to meet new people and creat lasting friendships and new hunting buddies.  All I can say is THANK YOU Nik!!!   It was one to remember...a little wet but we got it done!   Enjoy the photos!!!

Check out those waddels...big as silver dollars!!

What could be better, filling a Mn turkey tag, fresh morels, well....how about some fresh rainbows to go with it!!

Thanks again Nik!!!!  It was a stellar time and I can't wait for next year buddy!!!  Turkey camp was awesome, food was great!  Those venison brats were yum yum yum!!   Now we gotta make some plans and get to Mille Lac and catch some monster walleye!!

redarrow

I'd say you had an awesome time. Congrats. DID you say venison brats ???????????????????????????  YOWSER.

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

ghillie

Quote from: mnturkey on May 23, 2011, 10:10:07 AM
What area were you in?

East of Rochester on private...stopped in a local pub to register the bird and low and behold...I'm in the lead with the longest beard of the season out of all that have registered there!!

ghillie

Quote from: redarrow on May 23, 2011, 10:04:13 AM
I'd say you had an awesome time. Congrats. DID you say venison brats ???????????????????????????  YOWSER.

Yes venison brats...and they were DELICIOUS!!!!

Basser69

Congrats! Hopefully you will stay in the lead with him :you_rock:

WyoHunter

What a great adventure! Congrats on a great gobbler! Beautiful pics too!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

LX_Trkyhntr

Great pics, congrats on the great trip!  I love the ROPE that joker has!!!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

barry

[quote author...stopped in a local pub to register the bird and low and behold...I'm in the lead with the longest beard of the season out of all that have registered there!!
[/quote]

If they take length and width I know you'll win...what a broom!!!

BowBendr

Awesome pics of a beautiful gobbler. Congrats on a killer season.

Hawkfarm

Muskie03

Quote from: mnturkey on May 23, 2011, 10:10:07 AM
What area were you in?

343 Hunted some of my private land,  Went to Mauer Bros, one of the coolest bars I know.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

A. Felix

congrats to a fellow MN hunter.  i hunt near you  346 a stones throw south of Winona.  how long was your beard?  i know how tough it's been around there having hunted or guided family threw 3 seasons so killing one that late is really impressave.

ghillie

Quote from: A. Felix on May 24, 2011, 11:44:52 PM
congrats to a fellow MN hunter.  i hunt near you  346 a stones throw south of Winona.  how long was your beard?  i know how tough it's been around there having hunted or guided family threw 3 seasons so killing one that late is really impressave.

Thanks...Couldn't have done it without Nik!!  He taught me a lesson!!   :lol:

The birds stats are;
22lb 9oz    (wonder what he would have weighed a month ago!)
11 1/4 beard
7/8 spurs

Wiley bird...vexed us for a little bit...however, we fooled him!!