OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Million dollar wager to kill one bird

Started by ChesterCopperpot, February 16, 2021, 04:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Shannon push pin, No doubt here........no question this would be the call....my magic hour is between 8:00 am and 9:00....
"Solo hunter"

THattaway

I'd rifle the first one I saw and squeak on a mouth call while I deposited the money in the bank. ;D
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

MO_HUNTER

I'm going to scrape my debit card against my wallet and shoot a butterball right in the frozen food section of the Walmarts... probably banned for life, but I will start shopping Costco or Piggly Wiggly after I get out of jail. I'll have plenty of folding money.

Gooserbat

I'm taking a 223 and a crow call.  I'll keep him shock gobbling and pick him off at 300 yards.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Mora over walnut Mistfit ..Marlin ... mid spring morning ... 7:30 - 2:30

Howie g

Doing great silvestris !  Yep , the ole Morgon caller has been the death of many through the years ! Still the best ever made imo .   I hope your well

deerhunt1988

Quote from: guesswho on February 16, 2021, 04:58:32 PM
A million dollars on the line and I'm not taking a call.   I'm bobcat'n up to him like the old days and shooting him center mass.   
I was thinking similarly and hope there'd be some dry leaves around for scratching. May even put the ol' Pinhoti Crawl on 'em. One call though, it'd be a pot call a friend made for me. Glass on top, small piece of slate on bottom. That bottom piece makes the sweetest soft talk of any pot I have.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 16, 2021, 06:12:43 PM
I'm taking a 223 and a crow call.  I'll keep him shock gobbling and pick him off at 300 yards.
I like your style!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Gun to my head, Yingling slate. Original gray slate. Black locust striker. It'll be a heavy walk back to the truck.

quavers59

My ENTICER laminated Glass Pot made by Al Holbert of Rome,PA.

timberjack86

Million dollars? How about an owl hooter to just keep him gobbling while I slip in and limb lift him before fly down :TooFunny:

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: timberjack86 on February 16, 2021, 07:32:29 PM
Million dollars? How about an owl hooter to just keep him gobbling while I slip in and limb lift him before fly down :TooFunny:
I shouldn't like this so much but I do. Between your plan and the, ".223 and a crow call," it would appear a great number amongst us would turn rogue in a hurry if the stakes were high enough.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Quote from: chatterbox on February 16, 2021, 05:23:28 PM
Kaiser Calls curly maple glass with purpleheart soundboard and purpleheart striker.
My absolute go to call, and I'm killing him off the roost on a cool May morning!

X2 for the GS-1!!!!!

And the pellets in the feet...........

"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Gooserbat

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 16, 2021, 08:06:22 PM
I shouldn't like this so much but I do. Between your plan and the, ".223 and a crow call," it would appear a great number amongst us would turn rogue in a hurry if the stakes were high enough.

233 and crow call are legal in several states, WV, TX, VA I think and a few more.  In fact if I make it to Texas this spring I intend to rifle one bird.  He'll be the sacrificial turkey for all those that have hung up out of range and gobbled their fool heads off. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

timberjack86

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 16, 2021, 09:02:48 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 16, 2021, 08:06:22 PM

233 and crow call are legal in several states, WV, TX, VA I think and a few more.  In fact if I make it to Texas this spring I intend to rifle one bird.  He'll be the sacrificial turkey for all those that have hung up out of range and gobbled their fool heads off.
ain't no laws in Tn about limb lifting either :TooFunny: