turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Million dollar wager to kill one bird

Started by ChesterCopperpot, February 16, 2021, 04:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Let's say someone bet you a million dollars that you couldn't kill a turkey on any given day (maybe sunny or maybe snowing; maybe fall or maybe spring; maybe an Eastern in Mississippi or a Merriams in Oregon), but you're only allowed to use one call to do so, what call are you packing in your pocket? And be specific, if it's a diaphragm what's the brand and what's the cut.

I got to thinking about this earlier because I've got way too much time on my hands right now and my answer surprised me. I'm carrying a Ralph Permar delrin classic and I'm shooting him dead late morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nativeks

btomlin

My slate Lil Deuce and hickory striker.  It would be like taking candy from a baby.....$1million return on a $10 call bought maybe 25yrs ago

tracker vi

40 yr old box from Smith's game calls . Love that thing

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Delmar ODonnell

Gooserbat OSS Ghost Cut - Starting running one last year and found myself not using anything else

ol bob

One of my trumpets which ever one I pick up.

paboxcall

Ralph Snodgrass's mini boat paddle call. Really don't mind much which wood combo, his minis all produce bankable results.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

guesswho

A million dollars on the line and I'm not taking a call.   I'm bobcat'n up to him like the old days and shooting him center mass.     
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

sasquatch1

Hooks swindler diaphragm but def creeping as much as possible if he's giving his position away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: guesswho on February 16, 2021, 04:58:32 PM
A million dollars on the line and I'm not taking a call.   I'm bobcat'n up to him like the old days and shooting him center mass.   

I LOVE IT!!!

Howie g

A tube call , because I can make any turkey sound on it included a gobble if it comes to that .
Ps , I'll probably need some of the million to get out of jail , because I can't guarantee anything on anything on any of my gar holes :(

guesswho

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 16, 2021, 05:03:54 PM
Quote from: guesswho on February 16, 2021, 04:58:32 PM

I LOVE IT!!!

:z-winnersmiley: :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

Kaiser Calls curly maple glass with purpleheart soundboard and purpleheart striker.
My absolute go to call, and I'm killing him off the roost on a cool May morning!

silvestris

Howie, I bet you a million I can tell you who made your tube caller.  How are you?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game