OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pa state land bird

Started by clarksvalley, May 22, 2011, 10:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustySap

nannas guide

Nice bird! 11" beard and only 18 lbs and only 7/8" and 1/2" spurs Do you think it was a 2 year old?

What is the call?
There are two types of hunters; normal hunters and turkey hunters.

clarksvalley

not sure,did`nt act like a two year old.the birds i`m hunting are mountain birds and 16 to 18lbs are what we get,if you kill a 19 or 20 lbs. bird that a big bird.as for the spur length i usually don`t get long spurs due to the rocks.the 1/2 spurs was broke off.

clarksvalley

the call was made by albert paul from mississippi.poplar and cherry field grade.i like to use pot style calls but i`ve been going back to that box more and more.

nannas guide

Hey clarksvalley, I like the pot style calls myself, but I find myself going back to box calls too. One time in South Dakota we called for over 3 hours without getting a response. We decided to call it a day and I started to take my daughter who is in a wheelchair out of the blind, I spied a box that I hadn't tried. Three yelps later and I was pushing her back in the blind with a gobbler on the way.
I thought because of the beard length he had to be more mature, but the weight and the spurs threw me. But if you live in a rocky, mountainous area that seems right
There are two types of hunters; normal hunters and turkey hunters.

Ruger M77

Congrats! good to see sombody in PA is killin birds they've been kickin my but!
I eat therefore I hunt

clarksvalley

i`ve had my butt kicked a time or two this year also.it was just that turkeys time to die on that day.

turkey slayer

Hognutz

Nice gobbler. Congrats..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.