OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pa state land bird

Started by clarksvalley, May 22, 2011, 10:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarksvalley

shot this bird on  tuesday may 12,heard him gobbling on sunday the 10.we were having a stretch nice weather so i decided to take 4hrs vaction and go into work late.when i first heard him tuesday he was roosted alittle higher than i expected .i knew the hollow he was in and got setup.got alittle closer than i wanted to but he gobbled again so i did`nt spook him.the only movement i made was pull my slate call out of my vest and put on the ground and lay my gun across my knee.nothing things went quiet then i heard a turkey putting up in a tree straight acrosss from me.bird flew down and got out of there real quick.i`m thinking you got to be kidding me,i hung around for half hour or so and nothing.so decided to try another place and he gobbled up on a flat ridge.until i could get there without getting busted he was gobbling good on his own.he responded good to the call but would not budge strutting back and forth.he went away from me and resetting up he just would`nt come in.with time burning and having to get to work i got more aggressive with the calling and he could`nt take it and came in for a 30 yard shot.18lbs,11.0 beard,spurs 7/8 and 1/2.

TRKYHTR

Nice turkey. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

guesswho

Congrats on the turkey bird.  Thats the best kind right there, dead!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

njdevilsb

WiLL B

Ol'Mossy

vaturkey

Nice Gobbler ! Congrats !     :newmascot:
Vaturkey

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

woodchip

hobbes

Congrats!  A bird before work sure makes the day better.

TWOWITHONE

Devastator

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Basser69

archery1

:z-winnersmiley:
glad to hear someone in pa shot one on public land
i am still tryin
Take a kid hunting