OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

CLASSIFIEDS

Started by bbcoach, February 11, 2021, 09:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I've been thinking of how to get this out to ALL of our Great Members and honor Old Gobbler (Shannon) for this Great site, so here goes.  This site is a Family Friendly site, setup and run PRIVATELY for OUR enjoyment to TALK TURKEY, pass information and buy and/or sell turkey related items.  Over the years, there have been a few people that want to come to this site for a couple of months and scam members, sell broken calls and have NO regard for anyone but themselves.  Shannon has setup rules to eliminate most of the problems he has encountered and these rules have been setup to PROTECT all of us.  THIS IS HIS SITE and ALL of US need to RESPECT and HONOR these rules, NO EXCEPTIONS.  Some will give excuses of this or that but be REMINDED, THIS IS NOT YOUR SITE and you haven't had to PUT UP with the problems a FEW people have caused.  It is up to each of us, to be inviting and friendly to ALL who are a part of this Wonderful Site but WE ALL need to honor Shannon and RESPECT the RULES set forth, NO EXCEPTIONS!  I personally Love this site and the Wonderful people that I have met here.  Thanks Again Shannon for ALL you do! 

USMC0331

Factual information!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

Greg Massey

I have to say this pass year, I've not seen any problems with people trying to sells calls that are broken etc. Most all of us YEAR round regulars on the forum, have had a great year together during these trying times of the virus and the election. I've not seen Shannon, having to discipline much at all this year. Just goes to show what great forum and members we really have on the site. I have also seen several new members in the last couple of months. WE always welcome new members to the forum. I feel Shannon knows we all appreciate him and this great wealth of knowledge and information this site provides.

dublelung

Respect is the word of the day, the word of the week, the word of the month, the word of the year, the word of the decade, etc. All folks have to do is have respect for fellow man and most problems wouldn't be problems at all. Simple enough to expect respect but we all fail to show it at times.

davisd9

Now if people would just add any type of fees or shipping into their asking price rather than putting 3% or plus shipping the classifieds would be great!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

NCL

Quote from: davisd9 on February 11, 2021, 11:46:14 AM
Now if people would just add any type of fees or shipping into their asking price rather than putting 3% or plus shipping the classifieds would be great!

The problem with adding the shipping into the price is it can be different depending on where the item is going. A few years back I did that on an item, on another site, and a guy from Canada ended up purchasing the item and with the added shipping the item was  almost given away. If you add a very high amount to make sure you cover then some will ask for a refund on shipping, it has happened to me. Philosophically I agree with you but trying to add shipping does cause problems.

davisd9

Quote from: NCL on February 11, 2021, 11:55:02 AM

The problem with adding the shipping into the price is it can be different depending on where the item is going. A few years back I did that on an item, on another site, and a guy from Canada ended up purchasing the item and with the added shipping the item was  almost given away. If you add a very high amount to make sure you cover then some will ask for a refund on shipping, it has happened to me. Philosophically I agree with you but trying to add shipping does cause problems.

I had the issue with something being purchased from Canada as well.  It happens, but overall the calls being sold people know $10-15 bucks will cover 2 day priority with $500 insurance, $9 buck for basic with $50 coverage.  One can also state that price is for the lower 48, anywhere else the extra cost will have to be covered by buyer. I have been on the end of paying more for a call thinking it would be shipped well and the seller did the cheapest they could, oh well I was willing to pay the price so it is what it is.  If someone did not like the cost of what I paid to ship it, then I am sorry but I am not refunding based on that, but I also try to ship how I would want it shipped to me.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

NCL

Quote from: davisd9 on February 11, 2021, 12:00:40 PM

I had the issue with something being purchased from Canada as well.  It happens, but overall the calls being sold people know $10-15 bucks will cover 2 day priority with $500 insurance, $9 buck for basic with $50 coverage.  One can also state that price is for the lower 48, anywhere else the extra cost will have to be covered by buyer. I have been on the end of paying more for a call thinking it would be shipped well and the seller did the cheapest they could, oh well I was willing to pay the price so it is what it is.  If someone did not like the cost of what I paid to ship it, then I am sorry but I am not refunding based on that, but I also try to ship how I would want it shipped to me.

Agree with all of your points, especially on a call was thinking of larger heavier items. When I include shipping which is often have on occasion been a few dollars over and other times a few dollars under. I always insurance as have had one item lost and another broken

davisd9

Quote from: NCL on February 12, 2021, 10:41:43 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 11, 2021, 12:00:40 PM

Agree with all of your points, especially on a call was thinking of larger heavier items. When I include shipping which is often have on occasion been a few dollars over and other times a few dollars under. I always insurance as have had one item lost and another broken

I agree on abnormal items that would be harder to guess shipping.

Tom007

I believe in the rules that Shannon put forth, pricing must include shipping and fees. So understanding shipping costs and fees are a prerequisite to sell. You are all correct, we should all treat this site like we do our hunting, it is a privilege not a right. Shannon and company went through a lot of efforts to build this site, and we all know the efforts required to maintain same. Let's help him out buy being respectful and follow his guidelines so we never lose this privilege. Thanks Shannon....
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Only thing I would add is if somebody does need to be told they are violating a rule be firm, but be polite, I try hard not to run the person down and I try to tell them I would like to see them stick around so I can see what they post and so on and so forth.

I have seen some others be very impolite, though in one case I condone it because I know myself and one other had each told the person twice that they were in violation and I always try to include the violation and a link to the rule section so they can learn for themselves.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 12, 2021, 03:26:32 PM
Only thing I would add is if somebody does need to be told they are violating a rule be firm, but be polite, I try hard not to run the person down and I try to tell them I would like to see them stick around so I can see what they post and so on and so forth.

I have seen some others be very impolite, though in one case I condone it because I know myself and one other had each told the person twice that they were in violation and I always try to include the violation and a link to the rule section so they can learn for themselves.

You have always been a gentlemen about it Steve....be safe..
"Solo hunter"

bbcoach

This was exactly what I was hoping for when I started this post.  All of us, Unifying and Supporting this Great Site.  As some have said, the regulars understand what we have here.  It is our obligation to be Positive and Kind to All of the members but Firm when it comes to supporting the rules.  We All have a responsibility to abide by the rules and Positively Support Shannon and this site.  We All make it what it is.  Thanks to All of You for Being Kind and Supportive!

HunterS5

I'm new here and appreciate all the wisdom on this site! Not knowing any of the history,I see the rules and feel bad for the situations that made it necessary. Nice place here and unfortunate that bad things happened.

That said, it's his house so his rules. Seems pretty fair to me. I'm just happy to be a tiny part of it!