turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2021 Spring Turkey Hunting & Fishing COVID-19 Restrictions

Started by mookyj, February 07, 2021, 07:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Honestly I don't see major changes to the current restrictions. They didn't restrict non residents  deer hunting this year at least in Kentucky and Tennessee. Now last year Kentucky did stop non residents from buying licenses right around turkey season.  So like I said, being one mile from the Kentucky state line I am going to buy a Non Resident Kentucky license this year. Since they are just recommending a quarantine instead of mandating one.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

NCL

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 08, 2021, 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: NCL on February 08, 2021, 09:27:05 AM
Greg

Thanks for asking was wondering the same thing. It seems like the vaccine is becoming much more available. We actually received a call from a our health provider to come in an get the shot.

I am anticipating getting the vaccine prior to most state's seasons, as well.  It would be nice if that was going to make a difference,...but I have my doubts.  I don't think enough folks will have gotten the vaccine in the next few months to make a difference this year.  We'll see....

My wife and I both got out first shot this past Saturday and while we were there the number of people cycling through was a steady flow. The clinic seemed to be scheduling every 10 minutes and there were at least three rooms operating. Granted 18 an hour may not be a great number but it is a start.

NCL

Greg

Thanks for asking was wondering the same thing. It seems like the vaccine is becoming much more available. We actually received a call from a our health provider to come in an get the shot.

I am anticipating getting the vaccine prior to most state's seasons, as well.  It would be nice if that was going to make a difference,...but I have my doubts.  I don't think enough folks will have gotten the vaccine in the next few months to make a difference this year.  We'll see....

My wife and I received our first shot this past Saturday. There was a constant flow of people through the clinic and appeared the clinic was scheduling every 10 minutes with at least three rooms operating. Granted 18 people an hour is not a large number but it is a start. We received the Moderna vaccine where as Ron mentioned he received the Pfizer. I am also optimistic that  the vaccine supply will become more available and things will start to return to normal. But being a fisherman I am a perpetual optimist.

GobbleNut

Bottom line for me is that I am in a "play it by ear" holding-pattern right now,...hoping for the best, but expecting something less than that.  As the old saying goes,..."What doesn't kill you will make you stronger".  It's that "kill you" part that has me a bit concerned...  ???

mookyj

If you read down thru the restricted states it is an odd observation as to the differences. It has far more to do with power over others than it does science and best practices. Vermont allows for pre trip quarantine in another state. However NY does not observe their rule. NY allows border states nonrestrictive travel and yet PA says quarantine. Huge states rights mess vs federal jurisdiction of interstate affairs. With social media and big data, the braggarts of "I'm gonna hunt as I want" are easily caught if the states want to pursue it.

Greg

Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

Dtrkyman

I hunted last spring as I typically did, altered one hunt. Never had an issue, never officially quarantined and had a great spring.

What better way to avoid this crap than being outside in the woods?

I traveled back and forth out of state to deer hunt this winter without issue either, and from the amount of people I saw hunting so did anyone who wanted too!

WW

I just checked for Washington State and right now there's a 14 day quarantine after entering the state. But it's recommended, not required. If it stays like that, I'll be good to go.

WW

Matter of fact, I just looked again and they're loosening restrictions in most states. I hope we will all be good to go.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 07, 2021, 08:16:57 PM
These politicians have no answers for any of that

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

100 men will test today, but only 3 will win the ..... You know the thing!

rakkin6

Quote from: ShootingABN! on February 08, 2021, 04:36:23 PM
Quote from: rakkin6 on February 07, 2021, 08:16:57 PM
These politicians have no answers for any of that

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

100 men will test today, but only 3 will win the ..... You know the thing!
Trained to live of nature's land
Trained in combat hand to hand
Men who fight by night and day
Courage take from the .........

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tail Feathers

The experts say if you are immune (by having had COVID) you can't spread it to others.  That appears to be true of those having the vaccinations.  Immunity by having the illness appears to last about 9 months according to the experts now.
States should incorporate that into their rules because that would now be approaching some 10% of the population.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Ihuntoldschool

I think 2022 will be a little better, I certainly wouldn't expect 2021 to be any better than 2020. Agree that anyone with a brain should have expected these restrictions again.  Just have to be patient, we don't control the timeline, the virus does.

WW

I honestly expect 2021 to be better than 2020 as far as restrictions go. We know a lot more about the virus and states are already loosening up on the Covid regulations. Airports are full and business as usual now...I don't think they'll wait until spring to lock it down again.

idgobble

I got my first vaccine shot and am scheduled for my second on 2/18. After that I'll continue to wear a mask when around other people. Unfortunately, I found out the vaccine I got has the Bill Gates microchip in it so he can track where I am.  How can I get it out of me?  I don't want him knowing my secret turkey hunting spots.

Crghss

I don't anticipate any problems with the states I intend to hunt. Most thinks are starting to open up.

I believe there will be very high number of hunters in the woods this spring.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...